Nundle fishing, swimming, drinking, fossicking,

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesmithy

Brian Rourke
Reaction score
Hey Wal,
I am chucking a couple of flick sticks, HB (hard bodies) 4000 Plastics in the kit. Then just use the 2 that always catch fish.
6 trays of HB with only about 6 that are consistent producers.
Sheeba Dam is full of rainbows not big but heaps of fun.
may try a few early mornings up there before it gets to hot.

The swimming at the dam sounds the go.
considering leaving the banker at home and crevice

what do you think.......
cheers
TheSmithy

Tone I was thinking Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon leave early Tue,
Going to take the banker now as I will get bored pretty quick having so much fun.
will need to shovel some gravel to bring back some sanity.
Cheers.

Never been up that way mate, so not being familiar with the joint I'll leave the banker at home and bring the sieves and pans. Didn't know there was fish up that way. Guess i should throw in a couple of rods and lures just in case. Might even chuck a canoe on top of the Troopy in case there's any big kids, or little kids :D that want to go for a paddle.

Do you know if there's much water up that way at the moment.????

Cheers Wal.

Sheeba dam is always max capacity spring fed.
John has mentioned that the Peel is very low so I think pans/crevice/detectors are the go.
Sheeba dam is just past the Hanging Rock turn off.
good swimming excellent fishing plenty of shade.
Around 10 klm from Chaffy Dam.
Cheers
Brian

According to state river level website the Peel above the dam is showing Minus 02.& Chaffey's level is way down.
Everyone do a rain dance please.

Peel is barely flowing above the dam. The old nundle road that was flooded by the dam is completely exposed. Still good dam levels though for fishing and swimming. River below the dam is full as the dam is releasing environmental flows.

Calala are you prospecting up that way or something else?

I wonder if some good gold is around the old Nundle road,which is normally under water.

I suppose it's a no go area though.

Pete

I also am bringing an air fillled kayak for use . Are highbankers a "No go" up at Nundle ? . Dont want to lug it if I cant use it.

Cheers Paul

Pr2cv said:
I wonder if some good gold is around the old Nundle road,which is normally under water.

I suppose it's a no go area though.

Pete

The dredged area on the Peel extended to where the old nundle road goes under water. So yes, possible to get gold on the edges of the dam. At the top of the dam though the silted area has a crust and below the crust it seems bottomless. I sank to above my knees and actually got a little worried as it was very difficult to get my self out!

Down at the camping area the banks are solid though.

Highbanking is not allowed in the Peel however the rules are as normal for the state forest. I haven't had a look at Swamp Creek in a few weeks but expect flows to be low.

Thanks John, if you were going for a prospect I'd have been keen.

Latest posts