NT Northern Territory information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystyk59

Bill
Reaction score
If any one is planning to come up this way prospecting , feel free to contact me before you come. With the new laws that came into play last year , access to crown land is now a lot easier. You now have to fill out a "Notice of Intent" and send it to the pastoralist or exploration license holder for them to receive 7 days before you enter the land. The pastoralist can only refuse if they are mustering in that area at that time. If they are unreasonable there is an appeal procedure in place now. No fossicking license is required any longer in the NT. Looking forward to meeting up with some of you in the future here :cool:

hi Mysty59 i will be heading up your way in june or july as i go and see my son in Darwin in the winter last year we went out to the old warrrego mine site and had a bit of a play the first time i had used my detector so i am keen to go and have another play when we head up ill keep in touch and when we set the dates i ll let you know cheers Terry

What sort of detector have you got Terry.? The old Warrego site is locked up now as Emmerson got sick of people scavenging the old town there. But Myself and my mate Dale have had a lot of small stuff around Mad Mick's the fossicking area close to it ;)

Hi Mystyk i have a 5000,that disappoints me as my wife and i had a week out there last year and we only saw one person for the week a fella called Paul from Tennant Creek and he was detecting but talking to him his father works at The Granites where my son works then it gets funnier they know each other but i will keep you in formed when we are heading
cheers Terry

We will see what we can do, the guys at Emmerson are ok. So did you have some luck there ? We know Paul, nice bloke.

only met him out at warrego and he was a really nice guy thats where i got my first 2 nuggets i was very happy and it was where i had first really tried to use the detector since i had bought it so i d love to get back there to have another crack as i know a bit more than last year and i m one of those people who respect where i go and leave things as they are and take more rubbish than i make but i will keep in touch cheers Terry

Hi everyone.

New to the forum and keen to take up a new hobby. And since I've always been interested in treasure and the hunt I've decided to take up gold detecting. Only problem is there doesn't seem to be any stores up here to get me started.

Anyone know if there is any stores up this way I might have missed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Nick

Minelab store at mudgee helped me out... All the aus online stores have competitive pricing . Maybe phone a few , wouldn't take long for postage , there is a store near cairns to I think.bit closer.
Barney

Hi Nick.
Welcome to the forum.
You should find plenty of information to help you.
Feel free to ask questions as there are always experience people willing to help out.
Most of the prospecting stores seem to be in the capital cities, most having online stores.
There is also ebay but be wary. There have been a number of fake detectorsfor sale.
Especially the high end models.

Maybe check out some of the site sponsors....

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=24

Cheers

Ramjet

Hey Nick , Welcome to another Territorian :lol: Mitchells up there are going to be a Minelab dealer but not sure if they will be full range, The general store has a few bits and pieces but you will be better off to go through someone like Nuggets from down under or another established Dealer as if you are looking to buy 2nd hand you will get a dealer warranty.
Jump on here , this is our territory page and we will put you in touch with some good blokes up in Darwin who will give you all the help you need to get finding some gold
http://www.facebook.com/groups/Prospectingintheterritory/
catch you soon Bill :cool:

G'day Warey and welcome. The Miner's Den in Cairns is a pretty good store. George is a very experienced detector operator. Give him a call, you may find what you need. Cheers, Rick

Hi All,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Wondering if there is anyone out there that has a bit of a clue about the Territory. I may or may not have stumbled onto permission from a traditional landowner to access a relatively large area around Jabiru and can't find any decent info as to wether or not this could possibly be worth looking at with the detector.

Due to the goings on up there most internet searches just want to talk about areas further south and also carry on about uranium (which probably is something I don't need to look for:)

Any advice appreciated.

Morg

Thanks for that mate.

Not to much chance of getting shot as I'm tight with one of only five owners of the area all of whom are on board.

Detecting / barramundi trip on the horizon I think.

Cheers

hope you enjoy the trip mate
and check out shady camp for barra just watch
out for the big ass croc that lives at the boat ramp :D
GL and HH . DH

lol yeah i know the feeling mate i grew up in jingili ( near Casuarina ) and had
locals living next door to me always went out hunting and fishing with them
on snake island, wish i was into the hobby back then

Latest posts