Not happy Jan

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eldorado said:
I know it won't do any good as the damage to our hobby in Wagga is done but I have sent this email to the editor to have my say.

Sent from my iPad
I would like to relay my disgust at the articles last week about the supposed detector holes left on Duke of Kent Oval which according to said articles are quote "BELIEVED to have been left by detectorists".Your articles don't seem to portray any evidence whatsoever that this be the case.Just baseless assumptions that have done nothing but succeed to discredit the hobby of metal detecting.I understand that this mess "could "have been made by some rogue operators but this is not how 99% of detectorists behave whilst in the pursuit of our hobby.Some evidence to back up your story would have been nice.Did anyone see a detectorist on the oval?This just stinks of someone who is out to discredit detecting and with the help of your articles they have succeeded. A Disgruntled Detectorist.

Well done Eldorado.
I don't want to sound critical as I applaud your attempt to set things straight, but I worry that it will just be dismissed as the rantings of a "disgruntled detectorist".

Maybe another letter explaining why it most likely isn't the work of detectorists.
Explain how detectorists dig holes, and question the missing plugs, what's the purpose of the painted out lines, the lack of holes elsewhere etc.
Write the letter from the point of view of a concerned detectorist not a disgruntled one and be proud of who you are and what you do and sign off with your name.

Cheers!

Latest posts