Nokta Fors Gold + information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The release document has also been posted in the sponsors section, CWPS is meant to be organising site sponsorship as well. :)

The advertised price is MRRP...not RRP...that will be decided by the dealer next week all going well.?

Sponsorship is still being considered...if the thread is in the wrong place, or inappropriate...delete it by all means.

Pre-order from a dealer in Australia that uses the MRRP expressed in USD is NOT logical. :rolleyes:

As to the promo link in post 275.
One would think that noktamakroaustralia could have come up with some appropriate testing in this country; but what can you expect to get from a ? Website still under construction. :/

i was in a disposals shop in Gympie the other week and metal detector bloke behind counter was telling me i was wasting money if i got a nokta fores gold or any nocta for that matter and i was a bit taken aback as ive been looking at these for a while and had only read good reviews, this bloke said straight out they wont find gold , i walked out a bit dissalusioned as i had planned on saving for a nokta and a whites spp thinking they would make an awsome pair of pi and vlf gear

You can't believe everyone who owns another brand of detector to tell you there is another choice other than the detector that they own to find gold.

I own a Nokta Fors Gold and a Nokta Fors Core basically the same detector and they will find gold and also give a number on the LCD screen to let you know the conductivity of the target.

The Fors Gold new is not a good investment, they are still retailing them at $1400 for the Pro set and I've seen a guy try to sell a set on Ebay for $800 and fail, there is also a set at $950 selling here from someone else which hasn't sold. Rather predictable with the Gold+ arriving any day.
These ARE bargains though when you consider this is a Nokta CoRe with what appears to be limited beach search, I say appears to be because from what I've seen quite a few CoRe users are not even using the beach setting whilst searching the beach... which means the Gold is on an equal footing there.
If you want to hit parks for coins and relics they are very good. You are getting a $1500 Fors Core for less than a grand, basically wholesale price or close to it because of the drop in perceived value with the announcement of the Gold+.
Will the new machine do better on the Goldfields? No doubt we'll see the 'experts' with bulging pockets from all the nuggets they've found... but the hype for the Fors Gold would make me wary. For what it's worth here in the Ballarat area the Fors Gold is quiet as a mouse on the Goldfields, perfect, with no ground interference that I've ever encountered.
I have not found Gold with it, but I have found little bullets and tiny bits of garbage, though it must be said I have a GPX4500 and Sadie coil which I search with, so I'm giving the Fors Gold very limited chance to prove itself in the Gold dept. now.
I look upon it as a CoRe in my mind... coins and relics.
C

nicko61 said:
i was in a disposals shop in Gympie the other week and metal detector bloke behind counter was telling me i was wasting money if i got a nokta fores gold or any nocta for that matter and i was a bit taken aback as ive been looking at these for a while and had only read good reviews, this bloke said straight out they wont find gold , i walked out a bit dissalusioned as i had planned on saving for a nokta and a whites spp thinking they would make an awsome pair of pi and vlf gear
The guy is full of Sh!T
Look here at my Gold
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=176901#p176901

ColinD said:
The Fors Gold new is not a good investment, they are still retailing them at $1400 for the Pro set and I've seen a guy try to sell a set on Ebay for $800 and fail, there is also a set at $950 selling here from someone else which hasn't sold. Rather predictable with the Gold+ arriving any day.
These ARE bargains though when you consider this is a Nokta CoRe with what appears to be limited beach search, I say appears to be because from what I've seen quite a few CoRe users are not even using the beach setting whilst searching the beach... which means the Gold is on an equal footing there.
If you want to hit parks for coins and relics they are very good. You are getting a $1500 Fors Core for less than a grand, basically wholesale price or close to it because of the drop in perceived value with the announcement of the Gold+.
Will the new machine do better on the Goldfields? No doubt we'll see the 'experts' with bulging pockets from all the nuggets they've found... but the hype for the Fors Gold would make me wary. For what it's worth here in the Ballarat area the Fors Gold is quiet as a mouse on the Goldfields, perfect, with no ground interference that I've ever encountered.
I have not found Gold with it, but I have found little bullets and tiny bits of garbage, though it must be said I have a GPX4500 and Sadie coil which I search with, so I'm giving the Fors Gold very limited chance to prove itself in the Gold dept. now.
I look upon it as a CoRe in my mind... coins and relics.
C

A dealer told me about a guy in Gympie who'd been fossicking in Kilkivan for over five years using a Nokta. He never found any gold.

However, on being shown how to tune the machine correctly, pulled three nuggets on his next attempt. From where I stand; there's a very interesting message in there...if you can find it.

Mate, I know how to use the machine, I've only had it a couple of weeks, and as I said found tiny junk... so gold should come to the party if I step over it.
Rather use my GPX4500 though now on the goldfields for obvious reasons.
Jeff.. perfect proof of the pudding there mate, great find.
C

ColinD said:
Mate, I know how to use the machine, I've only had it

Well, the specifications say it's exactly the same circuit board, except the CoRe has the dedicated beach channel.

I know.
Many CoRe users aren't using that channel on the beach though, so the Gold hopefully will do OK. Will find out for myself over Christmas when I visit the relatives and go fishing in Malacoota.
C

I have detected the wet salty beach sand with the Nokta Fors Gold with success to get coins etc and with the Nokta Fors Core which ground balances by the auto ground balance button at 00 on the wet salty sand and then tried the Nokta Fors Gold manually ground balancing to 00 and it responds the same as the Nokta Fors Core no different, but as you go a little further away from the wet beach sand you can raise the ground balance a little if you wish to 1-2-3-4-5 as needed to about 25 to 30 feet from the wet sand as that is what the Nokta Fors Core balances at. Cheers!

Cheers Dingo, I'm looking forward to trying it out on the beach.
I really like it for night hunting... with the vibrate function on both the detector and Pinpointer you can detect in complete silence without headphones.
The Gold+ doesn't have vibrate :p

ColinD said:
Cheers Dingo, I'm looking forward to trying it out on the beach.
I really like it for night hunting... with the vibrate function on both the detector and Pinpointer you can detect in complete silence without headphones.
The Gold+ doesn't have vibrate :p

Do you know why they took the vibrate out of the mix?

I suppose no-one goes hunting for gold in the dark... you'd be down a hole within 5mins where I live.
C

Latest posts