Nokta IMPACT Info, Tips & Vids

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhaseTech

Phase Technical
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Thought I'd start a fresh thread on the Nokta Impact to focus on factual info, tips and good videos from the field.

I still love my Impact, and despite the fact that newer machines have come out since the Impact release, at around $1000 retail now, I still think it's a lot of detector for the money. It's probably my favourite non-waterproof VLF unit. Why? A short summary:

1. Solidly built
2. Great menu layout, and all settings out in front of you, in English
3. Runs on 4 x AA's easily accessible from the back, with long run time.
4. Handle angle perfect and very nicely textured
5. Excellent arm cuff
6. Internal coil cable - great for working scrubby areas
7. Huge coil selection
8. Beep or VCO (modulated) disc modes
9. Excellent all-metal mode with iSat (very stable)
10. Adjustable audio Boost
11. Built in wireless
12. High and low Gain Disc modes, great for mineralised soils
13. Three frequencies and freq shift
14. Built in Vibrate function
15. Adjustable tone breaks and Ferrous Volume
16. Adjustable back light, both time-out or constant options
17. Analogue Volume control
18. Built-in search light

1550034686_nokta-impact-detektor_sml.jpg

Basically, there isn't much it can't do. Sure there are deeper units for wet sand beach use, and more sensitive units for gold hunting, but the Impact can do very well at almost any task.

On wet sand, the Impact works well, but be careful with sand ingress as with any non-waterproof machine. If you do decide to use the Impact on the sand, make sure you clean out the shafts after use.

The COG (Beach) mode makes it run quite stable for a single frequency unit, and you can often push the sensitivity quite high. But with the GB number on zero, you will have wiped out gold chains - (let me add though that most detectors struggle to find thin chains, including PI machines). One thing I have mentioned in the past is if you want to find chains, and other small jewellery, then after you ground balance, off-set the ground balance number manually by a few numbers. The unit will still remain stable, but you will be able to find chains again (just don't expect huge depth). Now, depending on the beach, you may have to drop your sensitivity a little, so it's a bit of a balancing act. Generally I like to find bigger stuff that is worthwhile digging, so keeping the GB on or just off Zero with higher sensitivity will achieve more depth on most coins and larger rings etc. BUT, if you have found a productive little pocket, then you can off-set the Ground Balance and re-scan it just to see what's there.

This is all demonstrated in the following video:

The Impact has an impressive range of coils available.

8 x Nokta coils to chose from:

1569677654_impact_accessory_coils_sm.jpg

Close up of the massive 17.5"x15" coil!

1569678125_im45_coil_sm.jpg

The full range of NEL and Mars coils are also available for the Impact.

Latest posts