No idea

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,
As I'm just starting out been researching and trying to find some ground close to home. There is gold country not far away but is a bit of a hike in to find it and with a busted knee on the mend not too keen on the hike just yet. I'm just wondering if anyone in the past has tried cliffs near the beach before? There use to be a mine in the area but I think it was more of a sand mine and I'm guessing if they had found gold there would be a lot more to read about it and they wouldn't have stopped mining where they did.

Anyway I have attached a couple of pics one is of a couple of rocks I grabbed that were only in certain patches but when I found them they covered that particular area, the brown ones are pretty metallic and dunno about the other white one. The other photo is of one of the areas I picked out that is where I think I will grab a sample next time and take it home and have a look at.

1402883407_image.jpg

1402883601_image.jpg

If anyone could give me some pointers that'd be awesome

Who knows might be completely on the wrong track but experience = knowledge and gotta start somewhere

Cheers

Darryl

the only way to really know if there is gold there is to have a crack at panning some of the gravel. The gravel looks like i could hold some gold, quartz is a good indicator though quartz is common and gold is rare so have a crack at panning some gravel and let know how you get on.

Cheers mate thought as much will go and grab a couple of buckets in the next couple of days and have a look.
Thought it was quartz, is the other some sort of iron stone?

Cheers

Looks like there is a bit of a gully there in your pic, I would grab the samples along the gully. If there is gold there it will tend to get washed into the gully over time. Good luck!!

Latest posts