No idea what this is?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Escada

Jaiden
Reaction score
Hello, yesterday I went out for a quick find and found this coin. It was in a dried up creek, lots of corrosion. :D
I'm guessing a one cent?
I4up7PH.jpg

nll79zT.jpg

Thanks! :)

Take a pic with the following;

- better focus
- beside a ruler
- beside another coin

That will help give an idea of what it is. For now it could be a 10cm washer fro ma truck in a corroded state IMHO :)

BSellin said:

- better focus
- beside a ruler
- beside another coin

That will help give an idea of what it is. For now it could be a 10cm washer fro ma truck in a corroded state IMHO :)

Hi I really appreciate the reply, I can't really get better focus, bad camera. But I try! :) Will get all the stuff ready.

BSellin said:

- better focus
- beside a ruler
- beside another coin

Hi, I couldn't find any coins in the house at all. 8.( But I did compare it with a 5c in the morning, this coin was just under by a bit. When my brother gets home I'll get one from him haha.
nbCu3hY.jpg

Got gangrene and rust, try CLR soak for 5 or 10 minutes, if silver still ok if copper who cares(unless it's rare), if $2 spend at shop ?
Stay safe and read CLR instructions for use !

silver said:
Got gangrene and rust, try CLR soak for 5 or 10 minutes, if silver still ok if copper who cares(unless it's rare), if $2 spend at shop ?
Stay safe and read CLR instructions for use !

Yep two bucks maybe. Has the thickness maybe. Drop it in for a clean up and see what ya get.

I thought it was a sesame seed & wasabi cracker when 1st looked at it :D

But agree,if it ain't 2 bucks , needs to be rare to be any good & I would say its copper. Didn't know till now that the $2 is 92% copper

Hey neither did I till you said 92% copper, sure enough I looked it up too(just checkin)92%copper,6% aluminium, and 2%nickel. It's all that copper that makes them ring up so good. Be no good trying to discriminate out your brownies, you could loose all your good spendables.

Maybe this could be the next competition... guess what the coin or object is :)