Nine lives

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarlS

Karl
Reaction score
It is said that the cat got nine lives. Since my early days I consider myself as the cat and count the lives I had lost. My first life was lost on New Year sometimes in late sixties. After heavy drinking session and argument with my girlfriend I had decided I do not want to be around anymore. I put 100 grams TNT detonator in my mouth and connected it to the battery. Nothing happen. It shook me little bit. I stopped smoking and drinking for about six weeks. Shortly after this the country where i was living was invaded by Soviet Union. One afternoon going to work to a start my afternoon shift a truck full of Rusian soldiers stopped beside me. In those times I consider myself to be hippie and I had long hair . One of the soldiers called me something the can be loosely translated as woman.. Of course I did show him finger. He slung AK 47 off his shoulder, cock it and point on me. I turned my back to him , with my arm up and showing him finger I walked away, expecting bullet in my back any time. To his credit he did not fire. And there went my second life.
The other close calls where due to my ex partner. All I can say that this woman was danger to me and the surroundings. Don't get me wrong, I have been very happy married to Philippina lady for fourteen years and I'm very happy and contend. It is just that wrong relationships can easy kill you.
My last cat life lost was not long time ago when I had very agressive cancer tumor removed. So I recon I got stil two cats life's left. I just hope that those two lives will last me to my eighties, but who knows, they can be spend in couple days. Living is a healt hazard. As one American Indian chief said, is good day to die.And that is basically any day when you have to go.
How many lives you recon you got left?
Karl

Hi Karl,... I recon I've still got a fair few yet mate.

1st life,...18 months to 2 years old, used to put finger in rectangle hole in wall and little man behind wall used to bite it,.. told mum a few times but she couldn't understand me, eventually she got me to show her where the man was,.. he was in behind the Bakelite power switch that was missing the on off toggle switch(thus the rectangle hole in the wall),... so I was getting my dose of electric shock, just not dying as the shock would make my arm muscles contract, pulling my hand and finger out and away.
2nd life ,... about 4 years old, crawl across lake covered in hyacinth water weed to follow brothers, almost sank through thin patch of weed in middle, ,.. might not be able to walk on water, but can crawl OK on it.
3rd life,.. 12 years old, holding old electric light for dad to see and work with, got huge electric shock that threw me physically about 3 metres down a hallway.
4th life,... 14 years old, run down by motorbike at very high speed while riding my 10 speed pushbike.
5th life,... 18 years old, caught in a rip and getting dragged out to sea getting exhausted swimming against it, realising to swim out of it sideways just in time.
6th life,... 19 years old , high speed(98 kmph) car crash.
7th life,... 19-20 years, old motorbike crash, over the handlebars and hugging the bitumen up the road.
8th life,... 24 years old, motor bike crashed into by car(sideswiped), hand pinned to car by bike handlebar while bike tosses and turns beneath me as it's dragged by car while I ride it out like its a bucking writhing shark bull thing, standing hopping riding jumping on it, until my hand comes free and I jump clear running down the road behind it,... glad I knew how to skate that time.
9th life,... about 38 years old cut stomach open from the inside, lost lots of blood.
10th life,.. around 48 years old, saved self on operating table, doctor touched flap on stomach for a little unapproved looksy inside when I had been fed by nurses before the operation, came too, pulled all tubes out of mouth, turned sideways and vomited all over operating room floor, went back to sleep,.. alternative was to drown in own vomit whilst laying on the operating table,... will to live can obviously overcomes aesthetic and paralysing(immobilising) drugs.
11th life plus many more,... all those close calls where only my careful driving ability has overcome the stupidity of other drivers that put our lives at almost daily risk in one fashion or another, where only through my own actions are we spared of our lives on those occasions.

So don't fret KarlS about getting to number nine and not knowing about it for fear of it being too late to do anything about it,.. just keep on living life and enjoying the moment, be it happiness fear or dread, love it and live it,... everything is going to be alright in the end,... either way. When I was young I used to wonder if I would ever make 10, then 13, 20, 21,30,40, and 50,... well here I am now wondering about 100 and 200 and more,... in this world we live in where we could have perished and died at moments in our past, anything is possible from here on in,... every time I skip past that moment of death that never happens I give that little sigh of relief that goes hand in hand with survival,... too much to do here to be elsewhere yet anyway,... like the old fellas used to say a long long time ago, " things might be bad, but I wouldn't be dead for quids. ".

Pfffft I reckon you blokes might be a tad soft,

They are just close calls and exciting events that leave scars .. you only die once .. well some people die on the table and come back I guess but all this 9 lives stuff is rubbish imo ... you get as many close calls as you can in . Sooner or later one goes over the edge. I was a stupid teenager so would probably take up the sites bandwidth listing my should have been dead experiences but at 32 im well and truly dead if you only get 9 to use

Multiple deaths as a baby resulting in lots of open heart surgerys!

Few more close calls around 12-13 resulting in more open heart surgeries

Heart attack in the bath tub about 18 months back, no phone so said F it, climbed out the bath, collapsed and dragged my arse outside an drove my arse to hospital, dragged myself into emergency and got put straight Into resuss, no loss of consciousness that time!

The the few dozen close calls In between it all doing the stupid young person crap lol.

It's only death, everyone dies a few times in life lol

Latest posts