Nine Levels of Darkness

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There's a tour called Nine Levels of Darkness at the Central Deborah Mine in the heart of Bendigo.

Anyone done this?

@ $199 for 3.5 - 4hrs it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but I recon it'd be a cool experience to go 228meters underground down the original shaft...

I'm keen to do it in a few months with a mate & anyone else who is keen. Incorporate it into an overnight/weekend camp @ The Whipsticks for some panning/detecting.

Here's a link. http://www.central-deborah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=60

Once I got a weekend secured & bookings available, I'll post up. Maybe a group meet up?

yeah I been in real old ones that are 800ft deep :D and in tunnels that are almost 700ft long but not the bendigo one I think its a waste of money cos it is the real thing but I just would rather go down one that is closer to home but many of me friends have said it was good besides in the non tour one like out in the bush you actually can find some really old relics and even some yellow quartz reefs :D :eek:

For Jo-blo average, I recon it'd be great.
Most of us(& our families) would like to live an other day. We don't have the skills or equipment to test air quality, structural safety of an old mine, don't have climbing & emergency gear etc.
If you're interested in experiencing the real thing with most risk eliminated then the $199 ain't a bad deal...

I reckon its a good deal!
I think Mtisa started the same type of thing after I left...
Also, I was lucky enough to go UG in the Granites mine in the Tanami when I was working out there...
The shift super took me right down to the watertable....so sereen (sic) and peacefull a couple of kays deep UG eh??!!
Unforgettable, so for the person that wouldn't normally get the oppurtunity, $200 is cheap!!

Been down deborah but it was a number of year ago. Can't remember it costing that much, but I guess that's inflation.

You can do a basic tour for about $25 - did that one at the start of the year. Was good.

Just hearing about a man trapped in a mine near Castlemain :-/

maybe that was it, too long ago but it did take quite a while we were their all day.

Latest posts