Nice way to spend a Sundae morning

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went for a golding outing yesterday & met up with Jet, Softy & PA member dave14110.

Crevicing and panning was on the menu for the day.

I hadn't been to this place for many years & Dave never. Jet was familliar with the place but we still managed to get lost :D on the way.
Met up with some others & got some micro fly-poo gold.
Decided to go further upstream. Jet put us onto a nice spot for some crevicing. On with the Bushmans as there was a few leeches & mozzies about.
Spent some time there & picked up a 0.53g clunker & some small bits too :D .

We all had stuff to do in the arvo so it was home @ lunch time & before the heat got anoying.

Next time we go we won't spend as much time looking for a spot & be able to get straight into the colours.
Looking fwd to doing it again soon b4 the creek starts to run.

Will post up a coupla pictures later ron

Had a great day and made some new friends. Yet to pan of my fines so no results yet.

Coupla pics from the morning.

Very cool little creek with delicious crevices...
1361770673_1.jpg

0.53g clunker & some small specs.
1361770829_2.jpg

Some more of them crevices - so looking forward to cleaning them out & seeing what they have to give up
:rolleyes:
1361772202_3.jpg

Really nice gold and pictures Ag Man, you will want to keep that spot a bit quiet.
I just found a nice spot that looked like it had little work, showed a few what I was getting and guess what, went back two weeks later and couldn't find an unworked crevice anywhere.
Very disapointing :|

Great looking spot you got there Marty.....with bedrock like that the gold would be quite shallow. Nice general size and the clunker would have got the heart pumping.....Looking forward to the pics of the next trip....Cheers Wal. :)

For sure - location will be kept quiet...

It was Jet after all that got us to this spot.

As like most places - they were well known & busy during the late 1800's but now pretty well forgotten.

hey marty let me know when you want to go back & I'll we can meet at same place. Great pics too, wasn't aware you took'em.

Latest posts