Glendon Gold - Aweekend with Wally....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aushunter

Brad Welch
Reaction score
Well the weekend has come and gone, perfect weather, good company and some AU to please the appetite.
I headed out for a 4 dayer last Thursday out to Glendon and met up with Jules.
By the time we set up camp and organised the gear it was 2:00pm and was itching to get up to the gullies to have a look around and load a few bkts up with some dirt.

This is the dry gully that always produced a little gold.

By the time I had 4 bkt's of dirt the light was starting to fade.
Jules reckons a full moon was a good luck sign,so heres hoping.

Full moon a rising.

Starting to get a bit dark, time to head on home.

The boys around the fire.
Next morning up early and headed up to dig a bit more dirt before heading of with "Wally" and make him work.

Jules and his son working the gully before heading of to find a spot to use his "Wally Sluice".
After finding a suitable spot up in one of the dry gullies we came across a small waterhole so we set up "Wal" and started to "pop" afew boulders out and load up the bkts ready for processing.

The oldies working the gully crevices and playing in the mud.

Wally all set up for work.

And away we go....

Jules scored a nice little Nuggy sitting on the bedrock and came in at a whopping 0.23g

Pity there wasn't any more of this size.
We worked that area and soon came home smiling.

A coupla grams for our troubles and there is more to come. I have 18 bkts of dirt to run through the sluice so a few more pics will come to light when I test run the EZ Sluice this weekend.

The 3 stooges...
It was a an eventful weekend with Alex ending up in hospital getting stitches to his back after gouging a good size cut.
He held his head high and all is well now, never a dull moment with my boys.
We had a great weekend and the boys are itching to catch up with Jules young fella for another trip.
Starting to get a bit chilly here now, but that wont stop us heading out on the next trip.
Cheers for now
Brad....

Brad, :) that HB looks familiar mate. Excellent weekend with the boys I see and yellow too :)
Thanks for sharing

Hey Fellas,
Jules used his "Wally Banker" for this trip and we did Ok with it.
I was pretty impressed with it for sure.
Just needed a few more days up there, just a few more.
Cheers and thanks for looking.
Brad....

Hi Brad, good to see the family pics & the bonus yellow. Thanks
Bill

Great pics Brad and great to see the whole family involved. Good looking banker mate..."want to swap"...good luck on the next trip and keep that banker rocking ...Cheers Wal. :)

Great story Brad, great to get out there and have a poke around in the dirt, the kids look like they loved it too! Ohh and the gold! hope the rest of your buckets are as heavy as the first fiew! :)

Great story and finds! Great to see the tin lids involved. Where exactly are the Glendon goldfields?

G'day everyone,
Great story and pics Brad.It sure was a great weekend,the young fellas already planning the next trip.
Hope Alex's back is alright,that sure was a nasty cut.
Catch up with you soon
Cheers Jules
P.S cheers for posting the banker Walnliz i love it. :)

Hey Mate,
It was an awesome weekend and hope to get up there soon again, just signed a building contract for the renos this evening so I might be a bit tight for just a little while.
Yes Alex is healing pretty well, took his dressings off this evening and it looks good.
Zach says "Hi" to Levi. Glad you came over to the dark side.
Cheers
Brad....

aushunter said:
Hey Fellas,
Jules used his "Wally Banker" for this trip and we did Ok with it.
I was pretty impressed with it for sure.
Just needed a few more days up there, just a few more.
Cheers and thanks for looking.
Brad....

Banker looks great set up Brad. Angle looks a bit flat from the pic and could be a few degrees steeper. :| Grate and mesh should show just a little matt whilst running...Maybe just the front end shot doesn't depict the angle...Great to see some good colour in your region. Good luck on the next trip mate....Cheers Wal. :)

Hey Wal.
It had a bit of an angle, I was a bit concerned of it being a bit to steep but it held the gold well.
The material is very angular, very shaly and the gold can be very flat.
We do get the occasional "clunker" now and again and Jules was very lucky to score that little chunky bit, he saw it just as I was going to wash the bedrock down with a panful of water.
You outa seen the look on his face when that one came to light.
Cheers Wal
Brad....

aushunter said:
Hey Wal.
It had a bit of an angle, I was a bit concerned of it being a bit to steep but it held the gold well.
The material is very angular, very shaly and the gold can be very flat.
We do get the occasional "clunker" now and again and Jules was very lucky to score that little chunky bit, he saw it just as I was going to wash the bedrock down with a panful of water.
You outa seen the look on his face when that one came to light.
Cheers Wal
Brad....

That's great Brad. So long as you're running enough slope to keep the grill half empty...the V on your screener should also be at the back end of the screen to give you more screen to check for nuggets and sapphires. Look forward to the results of your next trip and best of luck...Cheers, Wal :)

Hi Brad, It may not produce much up our way but its deffinatly easier work with the highbankers than trying to run that clay through the pans.

Darren

Latest posts