Nice Nannygai

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1426329102_brettnanny.jpg

Heres my PB Nanny or large mouth nannygai or saddeltail perch. Same fish so many names.
Its 87cm and well over 10kg. Didn't have a weight scale only a measuring tape. Caught using a basic paternoster rig made from 80lb mono. Bait was plain old pilchard and squid. Rig was a cheapie Penn Spinfisher 650 loaded with 35lb braid on a stumpy Ugly Stick gold series.
Caught north of the Daintree River.
Queensland. Beautiful one day. "Mayor of Hiroshima WTF was that" the next. (old Rex hunt Quote)
You wouldn't believe how much these babys pull. Turned my rod into a horseshoe and my spine to a crunchy pulp.
Huge fillets. The meat that came off the wings alone weighed more than a big roast chook.
And was a solo trip too. So no one to high five. Camera was on a gorilla tripod gripped to the top of the boat seat. Colour was same as its head all over but when shot on this angle looks more silver. Anyone that's caught one of these knows how amazingly beautiful the metallic pink scale are.

Latest posts