NF Advantage versus NF Evolution 14x9

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not quite a direct comparison but ..

I tested half a dozen coils on 5 targets in the Cue area. I had a probable "dig" signal with the 20" advantage coil. The last coil i put on was the 12" Evo round and the signal was significantly better from a probable to a definite dig

Broke the ground to find a sub gram nugget at 40cm depth. I have since only taken that coil off my 5000 to run either my 19" evo or AI coil on the salt

My view is that the difference on small targets is well worth it, you wont be disappointed

Thanks Nuggz. Only reason I ask is I'm about to let the moths free on a 4500. Moving up from the TDI ( my offsider gets to swing that now). Already have a 14x9 Adv. Dunno if to get an Evo, use the stock coils or stick with the Adv. Duriki is the closest GPA but planing a trip to Clermont before years end.

I tested the adv vs Eco 14 x 9 in Talbot a month or so back and there was no advantage that we could detect no pun meant.
I was about to but one and Im glad I didn't.
Just mine and one others opinion for what its worth.

GT :)

I would run the advantage over the stock coils for a start.

Bang for your buck I would run the advantage and buy a bigger round evo coil to give you a range of depths. OR take a serious look at a17 x 13 Evo

Evos are much more sensitive, and a little less prone to emi. The only time the gap between them is narrowed is in very mineralised soils, especially heavy clays and areas thick with surface ironstone.

I would get a 12" Evo and keep the 14x9" advantage for really hot ground or when working scrubby areas as the near edge sensitivity and elliptical shape will come in handy.

Prior to the release of the Evolution series of coils, my go to coil was the 12 Advantage. I also used the 17x11 Advantage. Running the 12 Evo across the same ground with similar settings was an eye opener. The sensitivity and depth was markedly better than the Advantage resulting in me completely re-detecting the same old patch and recovering substantially more gold down to 3 - 400mm deep. I dug more deep gold that season than any other time and resulted in me then buying the 17x14 Evolution. This coil punches even deeper than the 12 and found further deep gold on the same patch including a 22 gram bit at 600mm. The area in question is very close to an iron ore mine and the ground is extremely mineralised as you could imagine.
The Evo coils give the 4500/5000 a new lease on life and pay for themselves very quickly.