News About Historical Cowra (Cowarra) Creek Gold Mine

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I know what your saying. They changed the way the maps layouts were I couldnt find it but anyway, we ran into the bloke that owns the north eastern property of the mine, bit of a cowboy always had his rifle in his hand.
Might go one day for a look maybe :argh:

Younger bloke? Might have been one of his sons, theyre not as friendly.

Or it might have been the bloke that put the gates up on Dowling FT on the eastern side of the creek. Hes not too fond of visitors for some reason.

My mother was s kid there during WW2. Her dad moved to Camden and became a coal miner after the war. I reckon he thought all his Christmases came at once when his daughter married the publican of the Royal Hotel in Camden.

DrDuck said:
My mother was s kid there during WW2. Her dad moved to Camden and became a coal miner after the war. I reckon he thought all his Christmases came at once when his daughter married the publican of the Royal Hotel in Camden.

Have you read Dust & Dreams by Barry McGowan? Covers the Cowra Ck and Cowarra settlements pretty extensively and more focused on life on the goldfields rather than just the mining aspects. I can lend you my copy some time if you havent.

Hey Bundy, I've got a few of McGowan's books but not that one. It may have been based on his PhD thesis.

If I can't dig up a copy I might take you up on that offer. Thanks very much!

Doc

Latest posts