Newbie from the UK just landed in Ballarat. busby

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busby

Nigel W
Reaction score
Hi folks
I have prospected in Scotland for a few years now. Just arrived in Ballarat where I am waiting for my family who will be arriving at the end of August.
I am a telecom/IT engineer by trade and am looking for work here, or somewhere in Victoria.
I have managed to bring my Sluice in, I have bought a few gold pans, pic etc and will be shortly having a look out. Need to get hold of a decent detector though.
I was going to have a run to E E Day on Howitt Street, I know they have some minelab detectors in stock.
Wondered what your thoughts were on the Eureka Gold, anyone?
I would love to meet up with some of you locals who might be able to point me in the right direction.

All the best

busby
Aka Nigel

Welcome Nigel can recommend E.E Day we got our 5000 from them and found them helpful and informative. Ballarat a good place to be based in the search for gold, found a little .2g down at Dereel last weekend and a 5.5g nugget that I had made into a necklace over Smythesdale way plenty of gold around but also alot of dirt between it so GOOD LUCK and HAVE FUN in the Aussie bush

Latest posts