Newbie from Sydney NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decoy

Ned
Reaction score
Hello All...
I am an old man, well so the younger guys at the pub say..
I have just been bitten by the gold bug.. well sort of, sounds like a bit of fun to break the boredom while I am out camping in regional areas that are gold hot spots.
My expertise or fun factor is in building the better mouse trap, finding gold will be nice but just experimenting an playing around with gear is more fun.

I backgrounds includes..
Computers, dah..
Engineering and Electronics

I will spend more money designing something that will return less money :rolleyes:

Anyway I apologise now if if I ask to much or am a bit pushy, but life is to short.
I am also happy to help/contribute where I can.

Frequent central NSW areas mainly Bathurst, Orange, Mudgee, Dubbo and surrounding areas.

Cheers.

That sounds good, I am always either in Orange/Molong, Mudgee near Windamer dam or Sofala.
Love to be a part of that to learn more, I only have some basic gear atm, would be good to learn more.

Just got back from a round trip out to Broken Hill and surrounds with a friend, stooped at a few digs at various places, my friend is now retired he worked for Cadia mines and knows a fair bit about metallurgy and geology, he sparked the prospecting bug.

Cheers

Decoy

Once these fires settle down, we will be heading out.
Will keep you posted mate and hope to catch up.
Dont worry about gear as long as you have the basics thats a good a place to start.

:Y:
Are you retired or still working ?

Thanks Jaros.

Cheers Nucopia, I still work, I am a computer consultant/electro mechanical engineer, gearing up to slow down..

Welcome Decoy! Sounds good mate, I too am a new hand dabbling around. Waiting for the weather to improve a bit before getting back out. :goldnugget: :pickshovel:

It can be very advantageous for crevicing spots not normally accessible. Not much fun in 42C with no water to cool off in.

Latest posts