Newbie from Newie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmeroz

Aaron
Reaction score
G'day

Just introducing myself, not a lot to tell really...

Only just starting to get into the detecting world, I have kind of grown up with the gemology but never really got into the metal detecting. I have done a bit of faceting and re-built my fathers machine for him (cnc machinist by trade).

Im in Newcastle and grown up in the Hunter most my life, Interested in the historic side of things so keen to get into the 'swing' of things around this way. But finding the yellow stuff would also be on the list of things to do.

I'v seen a fair few of you guys are from the Hunter area and would be good to pick your brains on things and also good to know some locals to get help and advice from

anyway
Hope to chat and even catch up with some of you's soon

Cheers
:D

Welcome to the forum farmeroz.

It's great to see another member from the Hunter Valley, there's quite a few of us now. We have some meet's on the cards for Spring so it should be a great way to get to know a few of the local guys.

I hope you enjoy the forum and I look forward to seeing you around the place.

Nugget.

Thanks guys..

Really quite surprised at the amount of hunter people on here, the page should be called prospectinghunter.comau :)

I dont have the budget for a gpx5000 but just getting a cheapo one to get me going for the time being.

The problem with so many of us in the hunter means more competition to each other :)
But the more the merrier I surpose..

Have yous seen or hears about the "lost newcastle" page on facebook? Always heaps of good old info on there. ( my mrs cant keep off it)

farmeroz said:
Thanks guys..

Really quite surprised at the amount of hunter people on here, the page should be called prospectinghunter.comau :)

I dont have the budget for a gpx5000 but just getting a cheapo one to get me going for the time being.

The problem with so many of us in the hunter means more competition to each other :)
But the more the merrier I surpose..

Have yous seen or hears about the "lost newcastle" page on facebook? Always heaps of good old info on there. ( my mrs cant keep off it)

Hi and welcome farmer :)
Yes there are a lot of hunter folk on PA.
When we have a meet we will need a BIG paddock.
Lots of good advice and friendly people on the site.
Like you I would love a 5000.
Started with an AT PRO for now.

Lost Newcastle is awesome for history fans.

Good luck with the detecting.

Rod

Welcome to the forum farmeroz, hope you find the forum informative and can use some of the info in the posts to help you in your search for detectors. Look forward to sharing your adventures and may some gold find its way into your jar. All the best,

Cheers Wal.

Welcome Farmer in Speers point,
I am not far away from you.
We must have a BBQ soon,there are so many members that would I 'm sure, like to get together for a yarn& refreshing ale.
How about running this by Nugget & meeting at a central location such as Walcha Water Works, or Maitland/ Morpeth area.

cheers Pete

Walka Water Works sounds like the go, good facilities and fairly central. Leave it with me and I'll see what I can organise :)

Nugget.

Id be up for a meet at walka. Its a great spot there and the kids love the trains.

Pete your not to far away at all. Might even have to catch up somewhere near us also, although I guess youd only find sinkers and hooks around the lake :)

Ill be headimg to mudgee with the family and father for the gemkana when its on.... was anyone else going up for that?

Latest posts