New Toyota Submariner

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mate Glen did the same thing in a toyota surf tho didn't make it back out, was up to the door handles on mine' took my cruiser and another to scull drag it out of the dargo river we got to going and finished our 5 day trip!
funny enough his Darche swag floated inside the car and was bone dry inside.
His nick name is now captain as he went down with the ship'

Zuke_Lynzy said:
My mate Glen did the same thing in a toyota surf tho didn't make it back out, was up to the door handles on mine' took my cruiser and another to scull drag it out of the dargo river we got to going and finished our 5 day trip!

what made his one the submarine ?

didnt he have a snorkel or was it a petrol engine that didnt like the wet leckies ?

HeadsUp said:
Zuke_Lynzy said:

what made his one the submarine ?

didnt he have a snorkel or was it a petrol engine that didnt like the wet leckies ?

Turbo deisel with a snorkel but he went a slightly different path and it bobbed under the water' water was flowing over the roof at one stage' and he shut the motor off, good thing too as when we pulled it out it had water in everything! Lucky amoungst the lot of us we had enough oil and tools to clear the water out, plus it was his shout.
Iv got a photo somewhere I'll try and find it.

1419415815_image.jpg

That's where she Lay' after she floated back on high ground, give it a good wash inside and out.

Lol yeah seen that pretty cool little trucks' we had a suzuki Jimny last yeah we did a desert trip with a small box trailer and we only had to carry 20L of fuel just incase.

Scary stuff for most of these.
I wonder what would have happened if the water was a few inches deeper or there was a hole in the creek or the water was going a bit faster, or ... or... or....
Having electric windows up while the cabin is virtually underwater is asking for trouble. So many things could go wrong.

Latest posts