Living with Electric Vehicles

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was in 2021 & it's increasing over time.
The fact is they are 90% recyclable - why such small numbers are being sent for recycling is a question for EV owners + manufacturers/repairers.
There is also some promising results at the moment with re-use & re-purposing the batteries.
Won't be something I'll need to worry about in the short term though.
By replacing a single defective cell in a Battery, you can repair a Hybrid Vehicle battery, so I'm presuming it might be the same for full EV vehicle batteries. It must be noted that it is often cheaper to replace than find, replace and test, warrant the repair.

I had to laugh when he was asked how much fossel fuel he was going to burn while he done his journey. He answered "none", so how is he going to charge his towing vehicle?
Must be going to bypass the diesel generator powered charging stations + any fed from coal or gas power stations.
The top line EV9 model has a 240km towing range (likely under ideal conditions) but in the article they've calculated a max. of 270km between charging stations. Bit of a gamble? Or are they going to travel extremely lightly?
Typical lopsided ABC agenda IMO.
Like how they keep quoting that EV sales doubled in 2023 (after more availability) but fail to mention sales fell in the latter stages of 2023 & last results for 2024 they are still falling.
At less than 10% of the market Australia is nowhere near close to where manufacturers or greens would like us to be.
Might need more incentives for city dwellers or regional drivers that usually stay in town? The 4WD's need to improve a lot more & moreso under load before I'd look into one. $120,000 for 240km towing range won't have too many takers?
https://data.aaa.asn.au/ev-index/

Latest posts