New to cairns

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gidday.

My names dan I'm new to cairns and also up on horn island, really keen to get into looking for gold, done a little panning by myself and (think) I found very little.. If anyone in cairns looking to show a newbie the ropes I'm super keen. Interested in panning and currently building my own DIY sluice out of guttering and rubbed matt with minersmoss for next trip to horn.

Well hello, and welcome to the forum.
There are quite a few of us up in cairns.
We also have a meet @ the NQ miners den.
This months meet is on the 12th starting 9am.
You are more than welcome to come along, have a Coffee and Learn a thing or to.
Hope to see you there
Cheers Kane

Welcome to the forum Dan,....Biggest Bunch of Prospectors and Treasure Hunters in Ausrtralia(not to be read as Bull$h!tters and Liars)(HAAAHAHA) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D
Well I thought I was Funny(ha) :lol: (DISCLAIMER :-no offences meant or inferred) ;) :) :D

Gday Bluemeaway, welcome to the forum and to Fnq. Drop in on the next meet up this Saturday, we meet at the Miners den at 9am. Everybodys welcome to join in and there's not a better bunch of characters you could ask for to learn the ins and outs of panning and detecting.
im sure that any questions you can come up with can be answered in detail, you will probably leave with plenty of answers and more questions than you originally had. :D
Hope we see you this wkend. TGW

Ah darn it. I fly back out to work the day before! I'll have to try and pop in to the next one!

Our meetings are normally on the first Saturday of each month.
But george had the shop closed that day. So it got changed to the 12th.
Fifo?
I get back Thursday morning for a week.
But just remember the firsr Saturday of the month
Cheers

XIV
yes FIFO to the Torres

Two on one off. Don't get up too much on the days out so if your going out on a day trip could be keen if you need and extra shoveler

XIV said:
Our meetings are normally on the first Saturday of each month.
But george had the shop closed that day. So it got changed to the 12th.
Fifo?
I get back Thursday morning for a week.
But just remember the firsr Saturday of the month
Cheers

turns out im still here not going back till Monday so ill pop in and say hi!

dan

XIV said:
Looks like we will see you this morning

Gidday Kane, back on the rock up north again.

Went out and did a little crevicing this morning.

Cleanest a crack and got a full sandwhich bag and produced half a dozen small flecks..

Question.

When crevicing do the crevice need to be 100%perpendicular to the flow? This one was off by 20 degreesish..

It was also on exposed bedrock immediately before a small drop off. sand upstream and lots of bowling ball size rocks downstream for 100 meters.

Was this the best place to do it or should I have looked for bedrock down stream of the rocks if tere was any?

Tried my sluice on the Chloey with Shannon the other day, seemed to work..

Latest posts