New spot in the GT.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavymetal

Luke Atkins
Reaction score
I went to a spot I have been driving past for over a year and I always see someone camping there and having a swing. I have always assumed that the area would be flogged but after about 10 bits of lead I new I would hit a nugget sooner or later. I ended up with 6 bits all very small but I love finding the tiny ones because it means my ears are tuned in now. One bit was so small that it wouldn't register on my 0.01 gram scales !! That's a total of 10 nuggets so far for 2014. Slowly working my way to another ounce and hopefully a detector upgrade by the end of the year. Here's some pics
IMG_2963.jpg

IMG_2919.jpg

IMG_3013.jpg

IMG_2917.jpg

And here's soom from earlier in the year.
IMG_2741.jpg

IMG_2566.jpg

IMG_2201.jpg

Great stuff mate, if someone's always camping there and has been detecting he has certainly missed a lot of gold.

Well done HM..

I'm interested in set up as well ?? Also what numbers where the small yellow's reading

Thanks tim :)

Danmuss said:
heavymetal said:
Zuke_Lynzy said:
What's your weapon of choice ?
I use a Garrett AT Gold.
You picked up small flakes with the AT Gold? that's sooooooo cool - cause I have the AT Gold. What settings do you use for searching Gold ?

The AT Gold and other higher frequency detectors up to 20khz with a small coil will ping .1 gram nuggets without issue and its a louder and clearer signal.

The issue and this is going to be interesting is when you start walking over ironstone bits scattered all over the ground some and let me stress this :)

some detectors go off like a machine gun.

Congratulations on the your gold finds.

Its an awesome experience finding a nugget no matter the size especially today with the higher gold price.

Latest posts