Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterau

Peter
Reaction score
Hi All, Newby.
love detecting, havent found any gold yet, was living in the territory until last week. Ive had a sd2000 v2 for about 2 years. Worked remote in the n.t. but a long way from a gold area, still went out sunday mornings to practice. January this year, bought a gpx 5000 in bendigo and spent 3 days detecting/learning around Dunolly last holidays. Moved back to adelaide now. Plan to get to maryborough in january for a week and then a week in gippsland visiting rellys. Can anybody tell me if there are any areas for gold detecting in gippsland. I found a place called russell creek goldfield on the net but couldnt find if anyone can access this area or if in fact their is any detectable size gold on this field. Any advice on gippsland or if maryborough is my best area to try would be really appreciated.Will try places in the adelaide hills till then.Time to get into it has arrived, cant wait to find my first little bit. peterau.

Hey Peterau a few of us pan and highbank in Russel's Creek (we even had a forum outing there) but never seen anyone detecting there. Its pretty hilly and super scrubby, not to good for waving a detector about. Cheers Balx

Hi Balx, thanks for the info, dont sound like a likely place for detecting then, I'll keep on lookin on the net, hopefully find a likely area to swing my detector. After detecting for 2 years in non gold areas, I'm not going to waste any time whenever i'm in victoria.
How did the forum outing go, did you find some colour. Thanks again, peterau

Welcome to the forum peterau. Looks like you are getting serious about collecting gold nuggets with that purchase of a 5000. I'm sure that with a little bit of practice and some dedicated research that jar of yours will soon be rattling with nuggets.

Hope the forum can make a difference and look forward to hearing how you go out there in the paddock.

Cheers Wal.

hi all,
my hole family loves getting out and Fossicking every chance we get for any think. i live in south australia.
we have found lots of jassper and quartz

Latest posts