New (ignorant) member Cruman

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,come from Perth.I know virtually nothing about detecting or finding gold -chance of finding "fools gold" is better than the real thing lol.However looking forward to getting out amongst it.Just bought a F1A4. regards Cruman :)

Good luck with it, you have as much chance as the next person of finding Gold. What makes the difference is experience and that takes time, be patient. When you think you know it all, start again because there will be so much you actually missed in the first place.

Welcome to step 1.

Be interested to hear how the F1A4 goes for you.

Edit - Don't be fooled into thinking it is easy, because if it was everyone would be doing it. Also remember there is a right way in regards to where you can and can't go. So study up on that. Just because we are in WA doesn't mean we find it in the streets, but it is certainly out there :)

Hi gcause and Westaus,thanks for the thumbs up guys.I am lucky in a way, a bloke who was born into gold in Kalgoorlie and has been in the industry for 40 years or so is taking me out.I am always eager to learn even if I am 63 lol.I will be taking it slow and yes it should still be fun.There is a lot to do like getting a "miners right" and then getting other forms etc.Will let you know how the detector goes Westaus-its the upgraded one.

That sounds like a great deal, anyone that can show you the ropes is worth a fortune. I have spent years reading books and looking at maps, to which a lot just gets more confusing than actual answers. So to have someone there to clarify "priceless"

Look forward to seeing the results. Enjoy the outback, something to wet the appetite this was the story of my last trip away if your interested - https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6027

Latest posts