New GMT.?..or upgrade.?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the $2 bill is their "anti counterfeit" measure against Chinese copies. I guess a lot more trouble will ensue if the Chinese start producing counterfeit US notes to wack on their detectors, at least you would hope so.

rocketaroo said:
That guy is beyond annoying.

Agreed, anything beyond short doses and it gets irritating. The female marketing manager was probably thinking the same going by the look on her face. :lol:

The drugs he's on are not available to the general public just yet...be patient. :lol:

While the clip shows an overdue facelift for one of the most popular model out there, its whats on the inside that counts....having said that, the old tin can look and weight factor must have drawn a short straw. Who knows...what looks to be just a paint job, maybe made of plastic?.

Something to spark the interest up maybe?? ..while new ideas flow freely on the web to what it is their customers really want in a modern detector, the idea guys sit twiddling their thumbs. :|

COME ON WHITES...PULL YOUR FINGER OUT. The people have said they wanted an upgrade to the V3i...while you think of a new color scheme for the MXT, why not make an update to the v3i and make some money....its got to be better than painting over old mudguards. :8
And while your at it...send out a USB plug to be fitted by the dealers or end user so to make it PC controllable...ffs!! :rolleyes:

I'll be extreamly disappointed if the GMT is the same.

The colour may not show up the dirt' BUT IT WILL STILL BE ON THERE!

If it's got upgrades I may have one.

Two of my Whites Machines have A Hologram sticker on them and one has a thing that looks like a flag that is A Red and Blue Stripe and then theres a couple of Stars in the Corner,

I Know The GMT Has Had A Software/Performance Up Grade As Confirmed by Whites, And I am pretty Sure The MXT All Pro Has, I Compared Fishers OWN Goldbug II Air Tests And The GMT has about 50% more on Tiny Test Pieces, And The MXT All Pro Is About the Same As The Goldbug II on the Size and distance of the Targets, But Whites won't Comment on what has been done.

Zuke_Lynzy said:
How long ago was the software update do you know?

It was Done around March Last year,, With My first GMT when you switched it on the GB would Set to 77 as it STILL states in My Manual in the Pictures etc, But when I Turn My one On it Sets it self at 50 as Jimmy S points out in this Video that he had them (Whites ) set it at that because as I said they use to be at 77,
When I Turn My one On A Number 4 and what Looks Like The Christian Fish Symbol appears in the Lower Right of the Screen then disappears, Also I phoned Whites HQ in Scotland and Their Engineer Confirmed that The GMT Has In fact Had A Software Up Grade, would explain what it can do, And Changing the Coil really BOOSTS it's TINY Gold Ability,

This is Fishers Gold Bug II Air Test Results and The GMT does them at + 50% Approximately, and the MXT All Pro with the New 10" 2D coil matches the GB IIs Air Tests,

hope this helps,, john

Fishers Link, http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/field-tests/GoldBug2FieldTest.pdf

Jimmys Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cMPZaU83dE

Zuke_Lynzy said:
I'll be extreamly disappointed if the GMT is the same.

The colour may not show up the dirt' BUT IT WILL STILL BE ON THERE!

If it's got upgrades I may have one.

I got Ballistic Nylon Padded Covers for Mine and they are Waterproof,lol

Interesting RR, iv read your posts on the concentric coil for the GMT and found it interesting as I used a older GMT that had Twice the depth of my old one' it had what must have been a concentric coil on it as I didn't recognize the coil.

In Australia I'd imagine the concentric would probably need to run at a lot less gain resulting in a match in depth with the DD coil at full gain.

"Off topic but"
Your tests between the GB2 and MXT was that with the 10" coil on the GB2?

Zuke_Lynzy said:
Interesting RR, iv read your posts on the concentric coil for the GMT and found it interesting as I used a older GMT that had Twice the depth of my old one' it had what must have been a concentric coil on it as I didn't recognize the coil.

In Australia I'd imagine the concentric would probably need to run at a lot less gain resulting in a match in depth with the DD coil at full gain.

"Off topic but"
Your tests between the GB2 and MXT was that with the 10" coil on the GB2?

Yes the GB II had the 6X10 and My MXT A/P has the Round 10" coil,

I will start a new Thread On the GMT Coils so we can kick it around there Ok,

John

Well when something turns up about the New GMT whatever that may be... We might just continue it here, I'm guessing if anything it will have new coils :D

Actually found my first nugget with the GMT 14x8 DD Sierra Max coil, a .1gram amongst an 1" of pepples & hot rocks.

Zuke_Lynzy said:
Well when something turns up about the New GMT whatever that may be... We might just continue it here, I'm guessing if anything it will have new coils :D

Actually found my first nugget with the GMT 14x8 DD Sierra Max coil, a .1gram amongst an 1" of pepples & hot rocks.

Well I did Drop Whites A HEAVY Hint about A 12" Concentric the same as the TDI's coil because I believe that would Blister the Grounds and still be Sensitive,

John

Latest posts