new coil

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1503906648_img_20170828_174257849_1.jpg

Best coil..Just remember good coils can be noisy..that's because they are working..if your detector is not talking to you it's not working hard enough..Have a look at nugget magnets settings for the 4500..YouTube..They work..Cheers.

Good stuff tuner. Get some scratches on that skid plate and some dirt on that coil asap. Hopefully the next photo of the coil will have some yellow sitting on it.

Cheers

Les

You won't be sorry with that choice of coil, mine is just about a permanent fixture to my 5000,it paid for itself on the first outing.
Good luck and go for it.

Cheers

Phil

Baldy said:
Best coil..Just remember good coils can be noisy..that's because they are working..if your detector is not talking to you it's not working hard enough..Have a look at nugget magnets settings for the 4500..YouTube..They work..Cheers.

Exactly! :Y:

grubstake said:
Baldy said:

Exactly! :Y:
Just gotta get the grey one they talk better ]:D ( haven't been out for a while ,I'm getting cabin fever)

Try to accurately pin point your target before you start digging..Then dig the smallest hole you can to get your target out..The gold should be in the same spot you pin pointed..just get it up on the surface and it's a lot easier to deal with..When your hole gets bigger and bigger it can become a lot of work ..That's the way I try and do it ..you can waste so much time farting around and waste your day..

My experience differs a bit.

20" is a fair hole and at that depth must have been a fair lump of a target, usually a broad signal.
Often a fair amount of dirt has to be taken out before you can accurately pinpoint it.

Best practice for me on a deep target is to start with a decent hole to begin with, as nothing wastes more time farting around widening a hole because you cant get your coil in to pin point it.

Once you're down and the target is screaming, you can throw it in cancel to pin point.

Latest posts