new and keen to start prospecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottyalt

scott
Reaction score
hello everybody my names scott, been watching alot of gold mining shows on tv recently and have got the urge to get out there and try and find some of my own. i live in wangi wangi on lake Macquarie. im 28 and a first year auto electrician apprentice. i grew up on a farm in Gulargambone nsw.
i enjoy getting outdoors love all sports into hunting and pretty much everything that gets you out of the house. have never done any prospecting before but have spent plenty of time on the net looking at were to find gold, how to pan for gold and so on. me and my wife are thinking of goin to nundle on the june long weekend for our first trip out prospecting, i know its goin to be freezing up there this time of year but im keen to get out there( not sure the wife knows how cold it will be but might give me a chance of getting a bit closer to her in the swag ;) ) also doesn't matter where we go its goin to be cold.also read the topics about nundle and you guys haven't had much luck but i will give it a go . im only an apprentice so don't have any money to spend on detectors so i will be panning and im currently getting the parts and materials for making my own sluice. any hints would be great i will put some picks up of my progress so maybe you more experienced guys and girls could give me some feed back on my project.
i noticed there were quite a few others from Newcastle area on here so hopefully i could catch up someday and learn a thing or 2.
look forward to chatting and ive already done alot of reading on PA and i cant put the computer down.

Hi Scottyalt ,
Welcome to the best prospecting forum around.
Thermals and Fleece are the go ! :)

Welcome to the forum Scott, You will be pleasantly surprised at just how addictive this prospecting game can become. Looks like you've come from the right background to enjoy all of what the bush has to offer. Some casual glancing within the posts and some well placed questions should see you rapidly on the way to getting full enjoyment out of this new hobby.Best of luck and looking forward to possibly catching up one day in the paddock.

Cheers Wal. :)

thanks wal
noticed you have great stuff on you tube as well, thanks for spending the time to educate us newbys very good info on there on were to start to find the gold and on panning glad your only a message away.

Welcome to the forum Scott.
It's a great hobby & there's plenty of good folk here.

Latest posts