Never Dug Out

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muttering

meika
Reaction score
Found the following coin about 6 metres from my front door on a verge.

I would have sworn I had gone over that area, but, perhaps as i was today testing my new small sniper coil for the AT Pro down the back in the creek and fern and blackberry, maybe I have never went that way exactly, or maybe, i had ignored it before as it was near some trashy signals... maybe I was avoiding a bigger rose bush... :eek:

But if on the first day out with the machine some three months ago I had walked that way, and it is definitely the nearest coin found near my house, my first coin would have been pre-WW2 and Italian. Perhaps dropped by post war migrants living in the pickers huts near the creek...???

1384670168_reverseitalia.png

1384670236_obverseitalia.png

10 Centesimi - Vittorio Emanuele III just one of 24 750 000 produced.

it's my 14th foreign coin, its aluminium bronze and I am surprise more coins don't use that marine bronze alloy, it resists corrosion really well (and my 2195th coin overall.)(I keep a little database) :cool:

Wow, I have no idea on how many coins I've found... I'm sure it's over the 2k for me, especially with the 1 & 2c coins :lol:
I have found at least 20 foreign coins this year I believe.

Latest posts