Lifestyle change

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all, this is actually my 2nd post..... my first is still sitting in the DIY forum unanswered, maybe I worded it wrong, maybe I should have come here first. No matter we will move along.
My Wife and I spent many years in what we called "Extreme Prospecting" in as much as only seeing 4 people near our camps in 4 years (winter only) of detecting, and 2 of them were Govt surveyors.

So we fished in the summer and Golded in the winter.
Nowadays we find the Gold has all been spent, the moneys all run out, so Its time to buy a place and settle down again.
We found a nice house in a beach side town in Vic and put our roots down. A far cry from the deserts of WA, although the fishing is quite good.

Now the 4500,s are gone, all thought of ever golding again are gone......BUT, I could not help myself, I had to buy a detector....any detector, so we picked up a little 2200d and now Im off again, only this time its on the beaches and around old towns.... We love it, we will never have to buy fishing tackle again and the old coins....they are great.
But the best thing ? Lifestyle, out in the open, getting exercise, fishing and detecting at the same time.

So if you see a great hulking ugly giant dragging a cut down green plastic shovel and following behind a little Grey haired lady wielding an old 2200.....Say Hi.

ThomasG

Hi Newbie, welcome. A hint on your location would be good. Saying hi to the"great hulking ugly giant dragging a cut down green plastic shovel and following behind a little Grey haired lady wielding an old 2200.i." loads out there doing the same.

It is great you are getting out and enjoying dry land fishing.

Cheers

Ahh yes, I see you are from Bendigo, I tried to see how to do that, I looked under my profile....no luck yet.
I now live Port Fairy Vic.

Cheers.....ThomasG

Love Port Fairy Vic...go camping there when ever we get a chance, will be back over the Sept school holidays and will be fishing for sure :Y: