NBN

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally got nbn hooked up...yeaaahaaa
Unlimited internet...$89 amonth including both mobiles netflix ..stan ect.
I havent been able to play call of duty for 3years and now im itching to get back in it...now the mrs wants me to watch a dvd with her??? Wtf!!!
Go optus.... cant wait for her to go to work now....jejejeje

Girly flick too I'll bet
Now is that unlimited calls on those two mobiles as well (no need to answer today, watch your dvd and play war first) ? :D

Good stuff hey Yob !

atm I am downloading The Sopranos [29 gb],
Daughter No 1 is upstairs on a laptop wathing a lecture online.
Daughter No 2 is Upstairs with 3 friends online with a Playstation.
Wife is in the lounge catching up on Q & A via Iview on the big tv.
Mother is in a unit in the backyard. She is watching a replay of Richmond V Carlton on Fox 504.

And I still get these figures, unreal ping.

1458875781_test.jpg

worth every cent/

Bas*#rds, I get 0.9Mbps download at the very best of times, and I'm in metro Melbourne. Then I have to contend with kids downloading videos.
We're also on the NBN plan for ??.
Bas#*rds! GRRR!

I've given up on the idea of ever getting it. We were meant to get FTTH years ago, then it was pushed back. Then it was changed and pushed back and was meant to be FTTN, pushed back again. Now it's going to be HFC next year but I'm not holding my breath.

In hindsight, I really think they should've rolled it out faster regardless of the cost and future proofed the nation. FTTH everywhere, dig up the lawn, dig up the entire street, I don't care.

Yep its fast...
Unlimited sms and calls silver and one of the phones has international.
This post didnt come up high lighted....

Yob-who!!!! too fast for my blood, we have been told up to 2 years - bugger :mad: 8) :8

Not at all savvy with all this.
Why are they spending billions $$'s running copper wire for NBN when the trend is satellite TV & mobile?
Using Vast we can park up out behind the black stump and within minutes have umpteen TV & radio stations booming in? After the initial purchase it is free, just have to re-register every 6 months.
We record programs and watch them at a convenient time after a days detecting.
There is no internet, but why not?

When I moved the NBN was installed here, got it hooked up to my ISP but not getting that high speed like Redfin, boy that's fast, apparently there are different packages, of course you have to pay more for the faster speeds.

download: 11.16 Mbps

upload: 0.93 Mbps

25 mbps..down
1.86 upload
In gympie we have alot of trouble with wifi..
Mobile reception is 1bar if your lucky and thats standing on a hill.
Our nbn is on a social standed nothing flash.

Nightjar said:
Not at all savvy with all this.
Why are they spending billions $$'s running copper wire for NBN when the trend is satellite TV & mobile?
Using Vast we can park up out behind the black stump and within minutes have umpteen TV & radio stations booming in? After the initial purchase it is free, just have to re-register every 6 months.
We record programs and watch them at a convenient time after a days detecting.
There is no internet, but why not?

The NBN network uses fibre optic cable, not copper. The FOC takes communication into the 21st century, unfortunately I was told by someone in the game that not all areas will now be getting FOC under the NBN roll out. Cost over run is said to be the problem and it looks like the best we will get in our area is the fastest available ADSL. All new subdivisions will get the fibre optic cable.

OK, so it's fibre optic, still doesn't answer the question, why cable and not satellite?
And why is everyone hell bent on "down/up" speed?
Witnessed first hand two Caterpillar dozers in tandem ripping a trench 150+km's from the goldfields Hwy through to Laverton (population 1200) laying the NBN cable.
This is just a miniscule example of the cost blow out.
Surely this money would have been better spent piping the abundant water from the NW to Southern cities and towns?

I hate the NBN,we are on wireless,from time to time,when having a conversation,you keep loosing words,with the other person,power goes off,no phone.
As for the internet,that will lose signal at times.
I was happy with my old copper lines.
We can see the tower.
Regards Frank

Hi Nightjar, we are discussing the upload and download because that is the speed of your connection, it's interesting to see what different speeds people are getting,

It's measured in Mbps (Mega Bits Per Second)

Cheers

Len

Soon they will be able to divide us all at the touch of a button ,... get your homing pigeon flock started now ,... or restart the old grapevine that they tried so hard to prove wrong and untrustworthy 40 years ago, remember when they lined us all up at school to prove it wrong with children who don't hold adult concepts as values (they did that to everyone) and then they started on stranger danger,.... divided we fall people, divided we fall ! :|

Sure there will always be better ways to spend funding...
But it used to take me 5mins to load this forum page and then to post somthing id have to walk around looking for signal.
There are so many hot spots around here you couldnt ring for help if you needed it...not saying its made it better. But any improvement is better than none.
Ambos police ect get full benifits from this which is a win in my book.
We hooked it up from our pre exsisting phone line no extra roll out.
Dont be so negative please

Latest posts