My worst result so far

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarlS

Karl
Reaction score
Previously my worst detecting finds was 35 cents in two and half hours. This morning I have beat it. Zero finds for one and half hour of park detecting. Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks. What is your worst score?
Karl

I've had a few days like that myself, although it's rare for me to come home empty handed. Usually if I'm not finding anything without 30-40 mins, I move on.

I haven't been doing any coin or relic hunting since I sold the AT Gold, but I'm already researching my next detector and hope to get back into it soon.

Yeah, Nugget I cannot complain about my coin finds, I have done well. It just comes as bit of surprise when you find nothing.
Karl

It all balances out eventually. I'd certainly rather be out detecting and finding nothing than doing SFA at home that's for sure :lol:

As a retired production manager in small electronics company I fully understand your sentiment.
And I must admit that I don't miss the hassle and problems associated with work. Only thing I miss badly is the salary. But hey, you can't have a cake and eat it.
Karl

KarlS said:
Previously my worst detecting finds was 35 cents in two and half hours. This morning I have beat it. Zero finds for one and half hour of park detecting. Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks. What is your worst score?
Karl

HAHAHA. had plenty of those days karlS. positive side is the exercise and fresh air. the conundrum is that many of these sites I thought would be winners.
on the flip side, I have had good finds in places that I didn't expect. keep swinging. :lol:

You know there's actually something worse than striking out...that's when for whatever reason you don't get the whole job done on the day after some great return, go back and nothing but rubbish. This happened to me on an old house site recently, first hunt with a new machine, scored two florins, a handful of other predecs and a classy ring, i got there late in the day so a the site is private property i would come back and finish the job. Fast forward 6 hours later after returning, nothing but snot. Not a decent hit. Nothing. Rusty nails and the like. I even resorted to hunting where I'd been. So in short i can sympathise, some days are a big fat fail.

Latest posts