my gold trommel made from scrap

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went detecting one day seen some large Plastic corrugated colvet pipe left on the side of the road sidding.
said to the mate reccon I could make a Trommel out of that, the result is a follows

run on 2 12v deep cycle batterys and low geared 12v motor , she turns 4 RPM

the panner

I remember you showing me that when I came up and brought my Mini Highbanker off you, you and I had a chat for like an hour.. Then you gave me the little USB drive with some videos on it.

Small world haha looks great mate! Good job

Edit spelling

Good job Choiceshot2, funny how we miners see things as mining equipment. A bit of scaffolding, some piping, duct tape and presto a trammel...

nice work choiceshot2

very quiet running units you've built, nothing like a repuposed bit of jumk.... that pipe you found runs ove r$100 a meter too.

I reckon you need alot more water for those matts thought mate otherwise your light material bumps into the fines and knocks em straight out as well as without enough water you cannot stratify effectively.

here's some info that might be useful, http://www.goldhog.com/goldhogtips.pdf

well be waiting for video 3 that has the gold .... :)

yep that was my first run with it doubled water flow since , my biggest problem is getting someone to dip :) the dirt , 3 old blokes used it the second time round and was nackered after 4 hrs , but the colour was nice the red and the gold

MY NEXT project is going to be a portable puddler , the old brain is starten to tick ,

the panner