My first 12 months of "yella gold" in one pan.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goldtarget said:
Balx said:
Ramjet said:
Nice! But what does it weigh? :D
Haha after hovering over the scales, i made a philosophical decision not to weigh it. Every aspect of our lives have a $ sign attached to it, why ruin my favorite thing doing the same.
Every fifty looks the same, no personality, no story, no adventure. I can completely understand this statement. I keep the lot, every speck picker and nugget.
That's it mate, its the treks, the holes, the maps, the slips, the cuts, the leaches, the glint in the pan, the completion of the build, the family time, the camping, the laughs and the good mates I have made that makes it more valuable than any $ figure.

good result balx a message for all Dont be deterred by the lack of color count your blessings there is always tomorrow

Memories are priceless....the gold is just the frosting on the cake. Great job, and good choice. There is more gold out there with your name on it..

HeadsUp said:
Beagleboy said:
I wish I could write my name in my gold pile. :D You are doing well Balx.

I wish i could write the name of every town in Wales in my gold

(including Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch )

:eek:

HeadsUp said:
Beagleboy said:
I wish I could write my name in my gold pile. :D You are doing well Balx.

I wish i could write the name of every town in Wales in my gold

(including Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch )
Need a big pan, hahaha

Good going balx, I love coming home to weigh mine, not for the monetary value but to compare each trip... And to see if I got more than my brother(we're a little competitive). I really don't care how much I come home with but I think the final cleanup and moment or truth of who got the heaviest cache and biggest picker it all part of the fun!

Matty84 said:
Good going balx, I love coming home to weigh mine, not for the monetary value but to compare each trip... And to see if I got more than my brother(we're a little competitive). I really don't care how much I come home with but I think the final cleanup and moment or truth of who got the heaviest cache and biggest picker it all part of the fun!
Yeah I could see the competition side of it being a lot of fun, Could be a spark of the first Prospecting Australia Gramorama contest.

Keep the good going and may you find more adventures and capers then an empty pan :D

gold brothers said:
Looking good balx are you out this weekend
Nah not this weekend mate, The bridge is pretty well worked, If you park 200m back from the bridge towards Hillend (there is a clearing on the side of the rd) and walk down thru the scrub then head down stream there are some pretty good spots thru there, Thats where we had the forum get together. Just be prepared o throw some rocks at russels, oh and a yabby pump is super handy.. Good luck

Cool will give it a go on sunday. We have tried at the bridge before but there were lots of tailings looks like a few people had been there. Got the last bits for the pump on the highbanker so keen to give it a go

gold brothers said:
Cool will give it a go on sunday. We have tried at the bridge before but there were lots of tailings looks like a few people had been there. Got the last bits for the pump on the highbanker so keen to give it a go
Yeah Just follow the barbed wire fence down until it stops, then walk along the hill to pick a spot, Just dig deep thats the key at Russels. Your better off digging one deep hole than a heap of shallow ones.

Latest posts