Mozzies This Summer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Think for the GT Vic will be a horrible summer for mozzies! I reckon the mozzies will be everywhere this summer. Probably the worst summer for mozzies, heap of wet weather and more of it coming plus very humid conditions. The mozzies will be loving it!

yellowmellow said:
think for the GT Vic will be a horrible summer for mozzies i reckon the mozzies will be everywhere this summer proably the worst summer for mozzies heap of wet weather and more of it coming plus very humid conditions the mozzies will be loving it

I reckon I'm more worried about the amount of people that will be out once lockdown finishes.

Mozzies = repellant

Annoying humans = flame thrower :p

The little bitches are out in force already and there's water laying around in pockets everwhere and they like their blood with repellant sauce. MONGRELS . :argh: :mad: :/ :bomb:

reynard said:
The little bitches are out in force already and there's water laying around in pockets everwhere and they like their blood with repellant sauce. MONGRELS . :argh: :mad: :/ :bomb:
I use this cheap stuff, spray it straight on ya skin and wipe it for full coverage.
1634887485_20211022_182115.jpg

It works well!!
There is another called crawling insect killer, it works even better.

Yes.........I was up at German Gully on Thursday, left my bloody repellant on the bench in the shed...... (wont repeat that mistake :) ). After about 2 hours I called it quits, to many bloody bites........... now there is a can in the ute all the time. Little Bastards :mad: :mad: :mad:

20xwater said:
reynard said:
I use this cheap stuff, spray it straight on ya skin and wipe it for full coverage.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2569/1634887485_20211022_182115.jpg
It works well!!

You know this is insect spray not to be sprayed directly onto the skin. ?

HoudiniHarry said:
20xwater said:
reynard said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2569/1634887485_20211022_182115.jpg
It works well!!

Somebody might have to tell general Hercules in WA that. :eek:

HoudiniHarry said:
20xwater said:
reynard said:
It works well!!

Of coarse I know mate,it's never given me any side effects

Skin Contact
If solids or aerosol mists are deposited upon the skin:
Flush skin and hair with running water (and soap if available).
Remove any adhering solids with industrial skin cleansing cream.
DO NOT use solvents.
Seek medical attention in the event of irritation.

First Aid Section from their website.

Ahhhh, mozzies!
They can absolutely ruin a trip.
I remember a few times they made me miserable.
In the army in 92, we parachuted into Melville Island NT, it was November and full on build up weather.
We had a young LT , inexperienced, and he would not listen to us.
He decided to put us in a defensive position, in spear grass. All of us NCOs and the Pl Sgt, advised against it, as the position would be visible from the air, and the grass is pushed down, as well, we would be blind, as you can't see through the stuff.
He was adamant, that we would stay there for the night.
What a miserable night it was.
No breeze made it through the grass, and it was in the high 20,s all night and the humidity was unbelievable.
Add to that, the only thing we could hear were mozzie.
End result was that the whole platoon had a sleepless night, and the next day, we were like zombies after what was close to 48 hours no sleep. Mistakes were made that in war time could have killed us all. He'll on earth it was.

Then the time I caught Ross River fever from them, two weeks on the couch and I still suffer from joint pain now and then.
They are no joke, and I believe that Barmah river virus is prevalent in Vic, its much the same as RRV.
Don't let them get you too bad. Cover up and use a good repellent and at night, burn some coils. They actually do work.

If the vegetation drys off i feel dont discount mega bush fires too.

Bit too green now but if it drys out watch out.

Still think its going to be a wet summer primed for mozzies.

I reckon snakes will be everywhere too due to the vegetation and more food available around too.

humid summer coming up

Latest posts