Moving to NE Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWright

Steve Wright
Reaction score
G'Day All

Its been a while since i have posted on the forum - been flat out. I am now the proud recipient of a Voluntary Redundancy! I did ask what part of that was actually voluntary. Anyway I have decided its best to retire and get on with life away from the idiots in the Government.

We are going to sell up and move to Wodonga. Its as close to the goldfields I can get and still be on talking terms with my "Home-Based, Manager-Accountant". We have bought a block in town and will be building there as soon as I can get all my S*#t together.

So in anticipation I am starting a list of contacts in the area for when we get there.

Could anyone who is interested in talking with an ex-geologist-mining engineer who is keen on prospecting in the area let me know? I am pretty familiar with the area having prospected both professionally and for a hobby in and around Beechworth-Eldorado, Bright, Buckland and surrounds.

Cheers

Araluen

SW I'm green with envy. A redundancy payout sounds great. I got at least another 10 years to go myself, but looking forward to the day.
Good luck with the new stage of life. Wish I was a bit closer to Wodonga because with those credentials I'd enjoy discussing prospecting with you. I've been trying to read up on geology but finding the jargon over the top for my simple brain. Even bought myself a geology dictionary but as I read the definition of one word I'd have to look up 3 more words to understand the meaning of the first word. My hat goes off to all Geologists. Don't know how you do it. If I'm ever up that way I'd be keen to look you up for a beer. Cheers Andy

SWright said:
G'Day All

Its been a while since i have posted on the forum - been flat out. I am now the proud recipient of a Voluntary Redundancy! I did ask what part of that was actually voluntary. Anyway I have decided its best to retire and get on with life away from the idiots in the Government.

We are going to sell up and move to Wodonga. Its as close to the goldfields I can get and still be on talking terms with my "Home-Based, Manager-Accountant". We have bought a block in town and will be building there as soon as I can get all my S*#t together.

So in anticipation I am starting a list of contacts in the area for when we get there.

Could anyone who is interested in talking with an ex-geologist-mining engineer who is keen on prospecting in the area let me know? I am pretty familiar with the area having prospected both professionally and for a hobby in and around Beechworth-Eldorado, Bright, Buckland and surrounds.

Cheers

Araluen

Lived there for many years, but work took me elsewhere. Good for fishing in the area as well.

Why don't you get in touch with the NE Branch of the PMAV, based at Yackandandah. Their web page can be found at - http://www.pmav.org.au/our-branches/north-east

Rob.

Good luck with the move sw plenty of good folk down this way.. I have also met a couple of people from the Yackandandah branch and have found them quite social..

Congrats SW on coming closer to the Triangle.
I'm in Maryborough, Vic if you ever get close enouhh to go have a swing.

Patrick1 said:
Congrats SW on coming closer to the Triangle.
I'm in Maryborough, Vic if you ever get close enouhh to go have a swing.

Nice Move SW

and Patrick

I'll be in your neck a da woods on Sunday/Monday for a few weeks......

Condor, we'll be back home about Monday. Please message me for a swing. I need bush time BAD!

G, Day S Wright I live about 20min from wodonga and have been prospecting in the general area for longer than I can remember. Got my first wild gold ( not salted ) in a creek in the mountains when I was about 8. Im mainly interested in primary gold deposits and have found a couple of nice little pros[ects of late. I have a few theorys about their deposit settings but would love a to have a Geo look at them.
Happy to show you around
I have an Impact mill and a small rod mill that you are welcome to use should you need a bit of stone crushed.
Drop me a PM if you are interested.

G'Day All

Thanks everyone for some great ideas and contacts. I am really looking forward to getting to know there area in detail.

Araluen

Latest posts