Moving a big boulders legal ? NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Found a ancient rock jam a few years back in a dry creek ( NSW ) gold around it in a desert location , think there could be a glory hole under the pile , like to rip the biggest ones away using a winch .

Just wonder if it's legal :)

love the idea, but I reckon it will be the 'mechanical' part that's illegal as you are using mechanics to excavate...how did the egyptions build the pyramids again? :lol: :cool:

There jammed up on the surface , just after a drop off .
Far to big for a crow bar , plus the things are wedged together so it would be hard to get a cable round them .

Can't dig under them ' just imposable 8.(

From the NSW Fossicking Guide under the How do I protect waterways when I fossick? topic

The Fisheries Management Act 1994
regulates a range of activities including those that harm the habitat of native fish (including threatened species of fish) and recreational fishing.
Following the guidelines and avoiding the activities listed below will assist you in complying with this Act:

removing or disturbing any material that is important habitat for fish (including threatened
species of fish) from the bed or banks of a waterway including woody debris (snags) greater
than 3m in length, large cobbles, rocks or boulders (greater than 500mm in diameter) or
aquatic vegetation; or

placing or reshaping any material across a waterway that may obstruct the free passage of
fish.

Yeah, then the person who buys it will wait for the creek to fill up and use their ebay bought dredge on it.

I dont see a problem if it is out in the desert area, just roll them out of the way, just fill your hole up afterwards.
Good luck
Brad....

Sounds restrictive but, State Forest
"Disturb more than one cubic metre of material during any period of 48 hours"

Latest posts