Mount Browne station, milparinka.....is it back open?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey forum,

I was wondering if anyone had heard whether the property at mount Browne in milparinka has re-opened? It was a great spot to camp and go detecting, the last I heard was a lease holder pulled rank, any got the place shut down to visitors because people were detecting were they weren't suppose too? Which was a real bummer!!! :|

Don't think so ! If you rang the roadhouse at Packsaddle they could probably tell you

G'day

I was out there at the end of June. Mt Browne and Mt Poole stations were still closed. Everyone knows about Mt Browne and Mt Poole is shut due to a claim on the Good Friday diggings. Mt Stuart and Gumvale are open as is the Common. There is a LOT of ground out there to swing. Nearly every bit we got was less than 2" deep or almost sunbakers. Goodluck if you go. Swing low and slow, scro ;)

Cheers

Chimpy

I just got back.

Tibooburra treasure...
1377240996_tib.jpg

not a good haul for ten days.. but I am still a novice... I had nine pieces for 1.5gms. I reckon I would get four times that now for the same effort... we found a good spot at Gum Vale, but late. still... I got me first nugget.

dead right..

Tibooburra was tough. Great experience, like, but I come back nackered.

I can't get over the tops for another three weeks, but I want you to help me sort out a venue... I thought that I would keep banging away at Wattle Flat until I get to know some locals and possible get an invite onto private land...

Mate I've got some venues in mind but not having much luck lately - also struggling for time, especially on weekends at the moment. Keep me posted & I'll be right in a few weeks for a couple of weekends I think. Next couple are definitely no good.

Latest posts