Motion And Audio Query

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Recently I had a drought of no gold for over 5 weeks :( i was spewing. I got some settings off a mate and it seems to have got me back in the game. I am primarily detecting around Bendigo with very harsh mineralisation. 4500 Rocking the Evo 15 round and SP01.

I usually run Enhance, fixed, mono, Gain 8 Stab 6, all other settings factory. These netted me some good sub grammers.

I have since changed to Enhance, fixed, mono, gain 10, stab 10, audio Quite motion very slow and all other settings standard.

Changing the motion and the audio has made a massive difference in me hitting gold? The threshold is solid and I find Im digging gold on the last 4 trips out. Even over previous spots Ive hunted.

I consciously swing slower now and Im finding the target signals are much sharper and defined from my previous settings.

My question, is running the machine with these settings going to be sacrificing depth? I feel so much more confident in the machine now but Im worried the quote audio and very slow motion settings may hinder my depth on larger targets?

Hopefully not as Im loving my new stable machine!!! I have fallen in love with a smooth threshold!

Appreciate any input!

Cheers!

You'll get 20 different answers to that question which will only confuse you and undermine your new found confidence... and it's all about confidence.

If you're finding gold then stick with those settings for a while. The only thing i would suggest is to bury a few targets one day and test the different settings for yourself :Y:

Have a search of this forum, there are established test patches within a small drive from Bendigo.
Also posted results that you can compare too.

Next time you get a target switch your audio into boost,normal,and deep and listen to the changes
The most important setting is the one in your head that switches your concentration/focus up and down
Staples

I hope that came out the right way... I wasn't suggesting that you couldn't understand the details of the different settings so don't worry. I just know how much it has confused me in the past, and that my own testing/trial and error has helped me understand the subtle differences between the settings.
Do some testing and keep a little field diary :)

A printout is you so desire.

1553126387_capture.jpg

Distant Gunfire said:
Hi guys,

Recently I had a drought of no gold for over 5 weeks :( i was spewing. I got some settings off a mate and it seems to have got me back in the game. I am primarily detecting around Bendigo with very harsh mineralisation. 4500 Rocking the Evo 15 round and SP01.

I usually run Enhance, fixed, mono, Gain 8 Stab 6, all other settings factory. These netted me some good sub grammers.

I have since changed to Enchance, fixed, mono, gain 10, stab 10, audio Quite motion very slow and all other settings standard.

Changing the motion and the audio has made a massive difference in me hitting gold? The threshold is solid and I find Im digging gold on the last 4 trips out. Even over previous spots Ive hunted.

I consciously swing slower now and Im finding the target signals are much sharper and defined from my previous settings.

My question, is running the machine with these settings going to be sacrificing depth? I feel so much more confident in the machine now but Im worried the quote audio and very slow motion settings may hinder my depth on larger targets?

Hopefully not as Im loving my new stable machine!!! I have fallen in love with a smooth threshold!

Appreciate any input!

Cheers!

==================================================

Hi DG.

You are getting there with your settings, running the Audio in Quiet allows you to raise other settings. A few more tweaks may help you also.

My Suggestions on settings for the 4500.

Front panel: Search Mode. Deep. . Timing. Enhance. Coil RX. Mono. . Tracking. Fixed. But if detecting in consistently ever changeable mineralized ground, use Tracking.

Rear Screen. Volume Limit. - 8 or 10. . GB Type - Normal. . Manual Tune - 98. . Motion - Very Slow. Gain - 10 to 12.. Audio Type - Quiet... Audio Tone - 34.

Stabilizer - 12 to 16. ... Signal Peak - 18 to 19 Target Volume. - 8 to 10. .. Response - Normal. Tracking. Medium. Iron Reject. Off.

These adjustments we have found do not detract from depth, on the medium to larger size gold nuggets, and by keeping those Volume controls down, this allows more gain and the higher Stabilizer settings. Note: (As you go higher on the Stab, it turns down the filtering effect).

Cheers Ozziegold. Edits for Corrections Ozzie

=======================================================================================

Cheers for all the input guys! Yea Ozzie gold the ground here is all over the shop and do find myself balancing every 15m or so.

That print out is an awesome idea too! Thank you. :goldnugget:

I rekon I can crank the RX and stab even more with these settings which I will try!

Latest posts