modified TDI gets the first piece of Gold.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1412056147_2014-09-30_15.47.44.jpg

Hi guys,

I finally found my first nugget.... it took 2 years admittedly about 20 trips to find it but It was the 3rd time I had gone out with one of the other members on the forum. I have had my TDI 2 months been out 5 times with no success. I was able to get on to a guy who modifies the TDI. My friend had actaully been testing this modification for a little while and was impressed. We had been out a couple times to run depth tests between the modified machine and he was getting a much quieter operation and additional depth on .1 ' s and a few other pieces we tried.

Anyway I handed my baby (my TDI) across as he was kind enough to get me a modification to test. Now I had run this tdi for about 40 hours with no luck, including a TDI I hired to take to tiboorburra at easter for no luck. We caught up a couple weeks later as we had fathers day and I had other things on. But caught up for a test for a couple hours one Sunday. Went to an area were we normally get very little good signals within 20 mins I was digging the best signal I had. I thought it was another bullet to be honest but as I got the dirt further and further down in my hand I could see no bullets. Finally I spot a yellow rock that looked a little dirty. Spat in my hand and it started to shine at me. I ran down the hill with the tightest grip on my nugget. Showed my mate is this what am looking for... With a smile he says yes mate good work. I was grinning ear from ear as I shook his hand and said thank you as there is no way without his hard 2 or with the modifaction I would have heard this .13 gram nugget at a depth of about 1.5 inches.

Was a great day I might have to Make sure my mate brings his nephew every time as he was certainly our lucky charm. And it's good not having to dig the holes.

tell you what I am now itching to get out the next time as the machine is deadly on the small stuff at depth.

Great to hear Newbs, and as they say...the first one is always the hardest. Confidence will now grow, and with confidence comes success. Good luck on the next hunt mate.

Cheers Wal.

Nothing like confidence in the machine for self confidence. Great to hear is having the desired result, onward and upward!

Latest posts