Moccona Instant Coffee

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just going to leave these two items here ;)
1541415950_images.jpg

1541416057_images_1.jpg

I thought this thread was about instant stuff, theres some serious coffee tech evolving here.
Im happy to learn a thing or two though from those in the know. :coffee:

Great to see and hear from so many members that enjoy a real mug of coffee, I myself order directly from Di Bella's in QLD they have an excellent range of origins and blends. Still it all comes down to the making for a great coffee. Haven't gone back to instant for the last 15 years and I do remember Pablo that was a mean brew.
db

texta said:
HippyProspecting said:
OzzieAu said:
Where I live it's common barista attire.
My strange sense of humor also
where you live maybe , but not where i live .
That's a shame texta. You haven't tasted real coffee until a hipster with a beard and a man bun has served you a special roast ;)

I like a coffee but won't start my day without a cuppa tea :Y: coffee's to bitter as a starter for me. So at 4am or there abouts it's tea followed by one instant coffee after the next from my thermos I cart with me in the truck. Saves me a squilion in time and money, waiting in line doesn't fit well with me when I'm on the log book clock. As far as a favourite goes I don't have one because Kate is the one buying while I work mind you some taste ok but others are let down.

OzzieAu said:
I bought some of this to take camping for the convenience of instant and I have to say its the closest Ive had to tasting like a brewed coffee... I like espresso, and this at least has some flavour. It has 10% finely ground content.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...4871_4703193d-a24c-494a-9ef2-440ff969dadd.jpg :coffee:

I'm with you there. I've been buying it for about 18 months for work. Great stuff for instant coffee..sometimes woolies have it on sale for $5 but usually its closer to $10. I havent tried its silver cousin yet however.

I like the pre ground illy coffee for the coffee machine home when I have the time to make a nice cuppa!

1541420789_illy.jpg

Moccona dark the only way bros. Two teaspoons and two sugars 1/4 cup of full cream milk then mix fast as slowly pouring in boiling hot water... results in a strong but not burnt cuppa that even mc cafe wishes they came close. :Y: :power:

DropBear said:
OMG, why why do you put that stuff in your body?? Instant coffee is rubbish!
I have a hand grinder and a portable pump espresso maker so when i'm out in the bush i can still have my coffee hit :)

I have a coffee business on the side of my day job. I love coffee so turned my love into a business. (just can't quit my day job yet lol)

www.urbanroasters.com.au

Use the coupon code: First15

Will give you all 15% off your first order.

**Admins, feel free to delete if you don't like this post, no offence will be taken**

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Love drinking real coffee.
Dropbear, is there reusable coffee pods that you know about that we can use for coffee beans at home?

Simmo said:
DropBear, send me some beans for a review!!!!!!!

Hey mate, there's some great coffee that's grown in North Queensland and Townsville had some of the good stuff.
From memory, it was a locally grown and owned coffee and tea merchant there. :coffee:

Trusted said:
DropBear said:
OMG, why why do you put that stuff in your body?? Instant coffee is rubbish!
I have a hand grinder and a portable pump espresso maker so when i'm out in the bush i can still have my coffee hit :)

I have a coffee business on the side of my day job. I love coffee so turned my love into a business. (just can't quit my day job yet lol)

www.urbanroasters.com.au

Use the coupon code: First15

Will give you all 15% off your first order.

**Admins, feel free to delete if you don't like this post, no offence will be taken**

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Love drinking real coffee.
Dropbear, is there reusable coffee pods that you know about that we can use for coffee beans at home?

Yeah there is actually. Jump on ebay, you can buy them cheap for your machine. Once you work out how to use them, then it's a much cheaper way then having to buy pods. Plus you get fresh coffee. God knows how long Nastypresso has been roasted and just sitting... ewww

Yep, DB,

She mostly does the local markets, but has this FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/tempusroasting/

There is a web site, but my work server does not like the link. We have heavy duty security. The link is on the FB page, and you might have more luck than me.

DropBear said:
Guatemala is my favorite! But Rwanda is seriously good also we use it in our blend "Diplomat".

I use one of these: https://www.wacaco.com/
But i actually like the Aero press a lot better. The Wacaco is just too messy and everything needs to be perfect to get it to work.

i'm 100% down with supporting local. Does she have a website? Would love to check it out also.

Nescafe blend 43 smooth & creamy is my go to instant coffee these day, as other have mentioned moccona doesn't quite taste the same as I remember it.

1541492468_nescafe.jpg

Most of the other times I am drinking Farmers Union Iced Coffee One - low fat, low sugar and tastes great.

1541492606_fu.jpg

I drink the same coffee and didn`t find it any diff, Are you sure it`s not just a bad batch...
AussieChris said:
I have loved Moccona coffee for years, as far as instant goes it was always supreme. I remember having to hide it from my housemates back in my early 20's as they could smash through a jar in no time. They were happy enough to drink Nescafe 43 by the gallon but I always found it to give me the Jimmy shakes like crazy.

I had an espresso machine, but it blew up recently and a pod machine too but sometimes instant is convenient especially when you run out of darn pods.

I cracked open a new jar of Moccona #5 and made myself one, no milk just black and I toss in just a little stevia in an attempt to lower my sugar intake. :coffee:

Holy crap! what was this filthy concoction I just drank?

Burnt with a hint of plastic? and an aftertaste that cannot be described. :awful:

Apparently, the company have changed their blend and it's now made in Germany and packed in the Netherlands. "richer and fuller" nope! it's closer to toxic waste with a hint of pig shite. :poop: :coffee: :skull:

Have any of you tasted the new stuff and enjoyed it?

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4915/1541382641_classic_med.jpg