MIXED BAG TODAY

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went out for a swing -- and a slippery dip :p - today. got about $8 in coins, and a UK poiund coin and a 20Pence coin.
also 2- 303 shells, a lump of lead -always handy - and a heart shaped ornament with genuine replica glass diamonds, nifty. in all a good 7 day week with about $110. in coin. the best I have found in over a year in that time period. go well fellow detectorites. ;)
1412915554_photo0540.jpg

Nice one SD, the pound is a good one! which detector are you using in the parks and tot lots?

I've been trying to keep my coin collection going, but I'm having trouble with my GMZ, falsing randomly. Still picking up coins, but I'm getting RSI from swinging back over the false signal all of the time trying to find a repeatable target. :mad:

I have a Teknetics Eurotek Pro on order, but it seems to be coming via Syria...... :mad:

There I've vented.... feeling better..... you can have your post back now... tha :cool: nks

TTKooAu said:
Nice one SD, the pound is a good one! which detector are you using in the parks and tot lots?

I've been trying to keep my coin collection going, but I'm having trouble with my GMZ, falsing randomly. Still picking up coins, but I'm getting RSI from swinging back over the false signal all of the time trying to find a repeatable target. :mad:

I have a Teknetics Eurotek Pro on order, but it seems to be coming via Syria...... :mad:

There I've vented.... feeling better..... you can have your post back now... tha :cool: nks

Cheers T. I use the one in my avatar. Tesoro Compadre. simple one tone beep, then dig. Had it nearly 6 months and got the hang of it now. looking to get a Tesoro Sand Shark P.I.- in a few weeks. .Eurotek reads well in reviews,good value. If the GMZ can't find a good target, it's not there ! have you checked that the sensitivity setting is not too high ? I have been tecting for 3 years now, the first year was ordinary and it got better slowly since. the m/l 305 really got me into it. Now the compadre is coming into it's own. Cheers.

Hi TM. it takes time to learn about your tecta/s and to find productive sites. I have slumps lasting many weeks sometimes, then I have a good run. taken awhile to get used to the Compadre and it's paying off now.
the uk pound and 20 pence cleaned up ok. the kids necklace is not silver. found one of me marbles, still a few short tho. :p
1413467932_photo0551.jpg

Hi slipped d

Interested in your intending sand shark purchase
Would like to know how you find it after the initial testing

It's on my want list at present
Nice finds by the way
Cheers mark

Mr T said:
Hi slipped d

Interested in your intending sand shark purchase
Would like to know how you find it after the initial testing

It's on my want list at present
Nice finds by the way
Cheers mark
Hi MR.T. I went with a minelab sovereigh xs instead. it is only waterproof up to the control box but has much more versatility than a Sand shark, or P.I. it was also about half the price of the S.S. treasurenet and findmall forums have beach hunting sections and there is a lot of info on the sand shark there. the sov.,explorer , and excalibur are favorites on those forums. with the SS you will need to dig virtually every target. cheers.

What the heck, how in someones name(not wanting to offend anyone)did this get over here ?????
slipped disc said:
Sandta said:
Hey SD you can appreciate Silvers finds as mine any day :lol:
Love that old ring you snagged SD ... Lift your game Silver ...your slipping further behind everytime a different person reads your post :lol: :lol:
Congrats on the new detector SD , im certainly liking mine a lot ;)
Who's thread is this anyway? :cool:
Very nice sailor
Well done Silver ( ooohh ... Its your thread) ;)

DANG, it' s sooooooooooooooo confusink. better have a beer. ohhhh, I'm out. dang again. let's get them there sovs rocking eh. ;)

Got down the beach earlier for a test run with the Sov. bloody flies drove me nuts, meant to take the mosquito head net .Bugga. didn't expect to find much.
and I was right
1413541904_photo0553.jpg
:p beach is pretty well hunted. found a couple of deep pulltabs reading at 125 on the meter.so avoided them after that
did find my first coin- a dollar at 150 read out. I had swung the Compadre around the area a few times before. the coin had been there awhile so mbe missed it or the Compadre couldn't see it. it was down about 6 inches in damp sand. I need to do some more testing with coins, rings etc. cheers and HH.

coin is near front of coil.
1413542163_photo0556.jpg

SD by the looks of the sand you should watch out for cars on that beach as you dig, we wouldn't want to loose you to a 4bee driver !

silver said:
SD by the looks of the sand you should watch out for cars on that beach as you dig, we wouldn't want to loose you to a 4bee driver !

HAHAHA yer right Silver,, missed by thaaaat ............ much. had me head in da hole at the time. :p gotta wear a high vis jacket and a crash helmet.
its a a drive on beach, nice hard sand, packs the spoils down hard too. Found more at the pub afterwards tho. put in $10, an hour later took that out and a $100 as well. that was without the tecta too. :D
1413543838_photo0557.jpg

silver said:
Bonus prises SD, really well done(proud).

Thanx S. makes a change to my usual run of the mill luck overall. the car said'' wot's that funny stuff ya putting in me tank, wow the good stuff 95 ron. burp'' :p

slipped disc said:
TTKooAu said:

Cheers T. I use the one in my avatar. Tesoro Compadre. simple one tone beep, then dig. Had it nearly 6 months and got the hang of it now. looking to get a Tesoro Sand Shark P.I.- in a few weeks. .Eurotek reads well in reviews,good value. If the GMZ can't find a good target, it's not there ! have you checked that the sensitivity setting is not too high ? I have been tecting for 3 years now, the first year was ordinary and it got better slowly since. the m/l 305 really got me into it. Now the compadre is coming into it's own. Cheers.

Keep us updated on the sand shark, they sound like a good machine. In fact I don't think I've heard a bad report on any Tesoro. EDIT: See you went for the sov :)
I'm beginning to think my GMZ is not kosher. I had a few parts replaced, some desoldered joints repaired, and this morning I took it out to find no response again with new batteries. While accessing the battery compartment to check, the unit came back to life. If I squeeze the control housing it works....no squeeze, no work... sounds like another dry joint or a crack in a pcb. FFS I'm over it... there... vented again. :mad:

Hi TTK. there must be someone competent enough to repair your tecta. try Whites aust. for their recommendations. there are guys around that are techno savvy that fix many electronic gear. You could go for a compadre at $250 delivered ex Aussie detectors Bendigo, and use it as a back up later, tho you may find it's a winner too. it would get you out and about. Sand shark is great for $789 aust. but being P.I. you will need to dig every signal til you get to a stage where you can identify targets by the audio reponse, to some extent. HH

Latest posts