Minelab pinpointer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunollyman

stephen
Reaction score
so when i went to the gold shop looking to get a Garrett Pinpointer they talked me into getting the minelab,
Question is anyone else left dissapointed with a Minelab pinpointer? :/

it seems that every time i turn it on that it somes times works well others it just starts buzzing for no reason, gets very fustrating

Check that the cap is screwed on tightly, just in case the battery is not making contact properly, also ensure the battery has a decent charge, they don't like depleted batteries and can be erratic at low voltage. Mine has to go back to minelab as it sometime does not register when first turned on.

mine always registers, had a few diffirent batteries in itjust registers thing that arn't even there lol i should make a video of what it does that would be easier :p

The only thing I can suggest is when you turn it on is to hold it away from your detector and any metal objects then wait for 2 beeps. If you turn it on and it's near metal it will balance to metal and need to be turned off and on again

I have both Garrett & minelab. I get better depth/results from minelab & no problem with it as yet. I now prefer the Minelab.

When you turn it on have it touching the ground next to your target (not on the target) this will balance the unit to the conditions and shouldn't 'ghost' anymore. If its taking too long to balance or isn't balancing change your battery. I have had the same issues and solved them both this way. Minelabs definitely are the better tool. They wont interfere with your PI detector when turned off. Garrett will! I love my minelab. I use it on every hunt. Need to get a lanyard attached to my belt though. I keep leaving it at digs. :(

Latest posts