Minelab Gold Monster 1000 charging time?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
To any GM1000 owners out there, how long do you charge your battery for? I am paranoid about overcharging and fires and wish there was a meter reflecting the battery level. Any ideas on charge time?

I usually put mine on charge for a minimum 4 hrs, & have left it on overnight, & never any issues.
I have read a few reports of people having issues with the 240v charger tho. I usually charge mine with the 12v.
If the LiPo battery is on charge I have a backup holder fitted with rechargeable NiMh batteries.

Thanks, Ded Driver. Yeh, I bought the additional rechargeable NiMh batteries as a backup. Cheers for the feedback, mate.

Phil

If its the litho version my understanding would that it wouldnt overcharge without some wild amount of time left on charge past initially reaching capacity but even so Minelab would come to the party under warranty.

As a tradie and a phone user Im pretty confident whatever you exposed it to wont hurt it.

Even with all the partial discharges never had any trouble except one which drop a single unit in 8 and I would have to have nearly 30 batteries across the two brands, some old enough you cant read the print on them.

ProspectorPete said:
Hi Phil, there is the indicator light next to the charging port, from memory it flashes when charging then stays on once fully charged.
Hope that helps.

Thanks heaps, Pete! Mate, I never noticed that before now.

I know there are only so many buttons and settings on the GM1000, but I would have thought they would include some of these details in a more comprehensive manual.

ProspectorPete said:
Hi Phil, there is the indicator light next to the charging port, from memory it flashes when charging then stays on once fully charged.
Hope that helps.

From the Quick Start Guide:
1629589831_gm1k_charging.jpg

Latest posts