Military Site Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wally69

Paul
Reaction score
Went back to my local WW2 military camp site and found my third rising sun badge :lol:

Looks like I located the latrine, but was disappointed no pre decimals turned up, though I was on a winner with clean and dirtied clothing being handled. Not even a button to be had. Will need to try and work out where the old paths to the tents went and have another crack.

I unrolled a couple of toothpaste tubes to find that the inside printing was well preserved. :eek:

1418457498_image.jpg

A larger wander yielded a handful of decimals but my glory moment was finding my first colonial small gauge black powder musket ball.... :cool:

1418457553_image.jpg

The rising suns are always good to find, especially if they clean up well. What pre-decs did you end up getting, 3p & 6p? :)

Goldpick said:
The rising suns are always good to find, especially if they clean up well. What pre-decs did you end up getting, 3p & 6p? :)

:lol: :D :lol: :D

I still have two-turds of the area to cover, butt at least I found the location of the correct date. ;)

Great Musket ball Wally,..amazing how they could serve up toothpaste in lead tubes, it's a wonder the lads weren't as mad as hatters back then,..and third rising sun badge from the one site is going great guns(so to speak,..(ha)

Latest posts