Metal detecting , Illawarra Fossicking NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old post, sorry to dig it up but I am interested in this information also as I am from the Illawarra.

Madtuna - where are some good places? :)

Ded Driver said:
300ispy said:
Old post, sorry to dig it up but I am interested in this information also as I am from the Illawarra.

like, seriously ? :lol:

:lol: My apologies, I didn't realize people were so secretive - but I get it. My main question should've been "Are there places in the Illawarra to find some goodies" :argh:

The Illawarra has beaches and parks up the wazoo for coin and jewellery detecting.

There's a few nudist beaches which are always productive as people seem to lose more stuff possibly because they take everything off. It could be just that these beaches tend to be out of the way, or maybe just by the nature of what goes on there that they maybe not hit hard by detectorists.
Just be aware that as soon as a single bloke turns up, ugly fat guys who think they are all that and then some seem to appear out of the bushes and start doing their mating dance in front of you. A long handled sand scoop to the nuts usually stops that.

Gold can be panned at Killalea Beach, but don't ask me about the legalities of doing this. There's always the Shoalhaven and Kangaroo Valley not far up the road too.

Mad Tuna, you are a virtual wealth of knowledge, who could ask for someone more helpful , must find out just where the nudist beaches are, there is a so called nudist beach not far from where we live, but all the nudists wear clothes or costumes and not a great deal of coin of jewellery left on the beach either. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Graham

300ispy said:

Hi there what you after pre decimals or what...

Latest posts