Melbourne Cup tips

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't for the life of me see how anyone can put their hard earned on two tonne of horse flesh, with a brain the size
of a pea, with some bent little xxxck sitting on it, who is answerable to a fat bent xxxck.

Hi Redfin,
It is a bit like waving the magic wand over a bit of ground , the thrill of the chase.

For you Preferment you might like to make the Criterion a Fame Game with a Trip to Paris and if all fails use Max Dynamite. Lol

Redfin said:
I can't for the life of me see how anyone can put their hard earned on two tonne of horse flesh, with a brain the size
of a pea, with some bent little xxxck sitting on it, who is answerable to a fat bent xxxck.
Don't hold back Redfin, say what you think mate :lol: :lol:
To hard to come by for me but each his own. Good luck to those that that have a punt.

Public holiday for a horse race, a football game that's not on that day

What a load of crap - only in Victoria the patron state of the useless public holiday

:eek:

The big winner on the day is the TAB. Just think about how much they make. For me I going $5 each way on Hartnell. This is the only horse bet I make all year. Good luck to all you punters.

Cheers, DD

No doubt about it digger, the TAB make a fortune, as does the winning horses trainer and connections but as far as im concerned its cheap entertainment, for as little as 50c you can get some level of thrill from it, i personally enjoy watching the races even if im not punting on them, having a bet and even better a win just makes it all the more enjoyable however i could watch a day of racing and not back a single winner and still have had an enjoyable day, even if i lose $100 over the day its still cheap entertainment, but melbourne cup is what i wait for, if i win im buying a new minelab 7000, if not theres always next year ;) wouldnt catch me putting $1 in a pokie machine though.

5ftfossicker said:
No doubt about it digger, the TAB make a fortune, as does the winning horses trainer and connections but as far as im concerned its cheap entertainment, for as little as 50c you can get some level of thrill from it, i personally enjoy watching the races even if im not punting on them, having a bet and even better a win just makes it all the more enjoyable however i could watch a day of racing and not back a single winner and still have had an enjoyable day, even if i lose $100 over the day its still cheap entertainment, but melbourne cup is what i wait for, if i win im buying a new minelab 7000, if not theres always next year ;) wouldnt catch me putting $1 in a pokie machine though.

Mate I hope you get the new Minelab 7000 on Wednesday " good luck "

Digger Danny said:
5ftfossicker said:

Mate I hope you get the new Minelab 7000 on Wednesday " good luck "
That'd be a good win on the nags i reckon, good luck with your picks 5Foot.

G'day,

I race 5 of them just to ensure I retire poor. Got a good Cup story for you, A mate of my fathers had a lotto win some years back and having just retired and being reasonably well off, it wasn't a life changing win. His one pipe dream was to own a Cup runner and his wife ok'd him to spend $100k so he gave Lee Freedman a call and told him what he was looking for "No worries" says Lee "I've got just what you need, he's a 4yo who's had a few issues and hasn't raced much but he's sound now and I think he'll make a good Cup's horse." Old mate goes down Saturday morning to see the horse, likes it and shakes hands on the deal. "Money in the bank on Monday". Anyway he goes home and is out at dinner with friends and tells them about his new horse "Unraced 4yo with problems? You're crazy, you've done your dough....." and so on. Now the second thoughts kick in and he rings Lee Sunday morning and tells him he's changed his mind, is there anyway of calling the deal off? "Ok, it's no problem. I have other people keen to look at the horse so no hard feelings" says Lee.
Someone else did end up buying the horse and named him Doriemus. Look him up if you're not familiar.

p.s. I've let my Geelong Cup winnings from Almoonsqith ride onto him in the Cup. Good Luck.

Cheers

Chimpy

In summary after all the comments above in few short words, AFL for seasonal betting and roulette at crown for the win.
Good luck punters may you be ahead by a nose come the photo finish.

heres my form guide 8)
pharlap 100 to 1
black caviar 100 to 1
hartnell 99 to 1
glue 50 to 1
chum 40 to 1
donor kebab 35 to 1
devon 5 to 1
bookies even odds
safest bet would be the hot fillies in the grandstand 8) :D

Just once I would like to see the horses ride the jockies for a lap :D

But seriously I usually get a $5 mystery trifector , cheap gamble with better odds than lotto . :)

Trip To Paris, The Offer, Who Shot The Barman, Almoonqith box trifecta for me. Just really hope all the horses and little men (and little lady) make it around safely.
Goodluck to all.

Cracka

I'd give you my pick Jaros but i wouldn't have a clue mate, sorry. Are you having a bet?

Latest posts