Medal or badge or?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone..hope you are all well....!

Was hoping to please get some help on identifying one of my finds.

I have attached some pictures of what maybe a medal or a badge of some sort. In the area I found this I have also unearthed quite a few pre decimal coins, so the area has some history to it.

Appreciate any input at all.

Thanks and cheers,
Bec.

1413976484_sydmedallionfront.jpg

1413976522_sydmedallionback.jpg

HI GDGs. sizing would help, a 20 cent piece or something. it is old 1930's mbe. possibly to commemorate the opening of the Sydney harbor bridge. perhaps google the opening / history of the bridge. HH

- belt buckle was my guess too, but it says a badge or medal in the text. you posted as I was typing. :)

Thanks for your responses dave14110, slipped disc and gcause.....!

The size of the object is 2.5cm x 3cm.

I actually found this same picture gcause when I did a google search a few days ago. And was really not sure if what I had found was the same because the shape and wording looked different to any of those commemorative badges. So I just dont know, maybe they were not made exactly alike....?

Anyway, thanks heaps for posting the link gcause, others might have an opinion on it and if anyone has any other ideas be great to hear them.....!!

Cheers,
Bec.

P.S. What would be the best way to clean it up a bit? I have just used soap and water so far....!

Try white vinegar and a tooth brush [ some-one elses :p ]. it looks copper based from pic. add salt to vinegar is faster ,you have to check and watch the progress. rinse well to neutralise the solution.

Careful girls,....salt and vinegar can be a bit harsh on copper,.. try it on an old one or two cent piece of no value first to get the feel of how long(or short) to leave it in for.

'' Check and watch progress ''. As the badge is not in great condition. it prob. won't matter.
as I said, try just vinegar, takes longer, but is also more gentle. also do a forum search for cleaning coins etc. :)

Latest posts