McPherson's flood creek - Not happy!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hello every one I have just come back from McPherson's flood creek of witch I hold the lease and have done for ova 30 years. some one has made a grate big mess and has pissed me off very much. to those of u that do the right thing and just pan and small hand sluice thank you you are more than welcome to go out an fossick but the person whom is digging into the banks of the creek and making a mess u will stop or u will b prosecuted there is NO DREDGING it is illegal in NSW and I will not put-up with this. I will b keeping a close eye on this as will the ranger ....thank you

(ps: cctv will be put in if this continues)

G'day 1958bushy and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear someone has made a mess, hope it was no-one here :( May i ask what lease you hold? I am guessing pastorial not mining?
A few of us would like to be able to dredge but we are all aware that it is illegal to do as a hobby. I have seen a few posts about a bloke making a mess dredging down the south coast....wonder if he has worked his way inland?
Hope you get it sorted.

I hold the prospecting lease the land its self is national park we have a fair idea who it is and will follow it up he has upset a lot of people thanks for your concern I believe it is the same person that sunk on to my property out near Braidwood and dredged. I hope it is no one on this site but am not sure so just letting every one I can know about this

Hi bushy, I've just split your post into its own topic so not to disturb the existing one.

Your more than welcome to express your concern as I would too be annoyed about this if I were you, please just be mindful not to wrongful accuse or threaten anyone on this forum. You would be better off taking the matter up with the appropriate authorities.

I'm hopeful that it's not one of our members as we strongly promote respect for both the environment and applicable regulations, but unfortunately we have no control over what goes on out in the field. Most will do the right thing but sadly as you've pointed out, some don't.

Good luck in finding the culprit, and this serves as a reminder to all members to be respectful of your surroundings and leave each site as you found it.

Nugget.

1958bushy, hope you get this problem sorted so the majority of us who follow the rules are not stopped from enjoying our hobby. You sound like a good and fair bloke, sorry this has happened also.

Well said Nugget I agree 100%

1958bushy said:
hello every one I have just come back from McPherson's flood creek of witch I hold the lease and have done for ova 30 years. some one has made a grate big mess and has pissed me off very much. to those of u that do the right thing and just pan and small hand sluice thank you you are more than welcome to go out an fossick but the person whom is digging into the banks of the creek and making a mess u will stop or u will b prosecuted there is NO DREDGING it is illegal in NSW and I will not put-up with this. I will b keeping a close eye on this as will the ranger ....thank you

(ps: cctv will be put in if this continues)

McPherson's at Wee Jasper is State Forest but extends on private property. State forest there is where people prospect.

Is there another McPherson's creek you mean?

Can you insert a map where your talking about or be more specific?

This is absolute crap
I hope your message gets out mate!
As I want my great grand kids and kids
To be able to follow in our great grandparents
Footsteps ,
The more damage done the more areas will be closed to us
And there will be no we're for the future generations to go !
Not that I pan dredge or high bank often !
But I do pan my species when crushed
And can do the above ( besides dredging )
But prefer to detect
:(

G'day bushy

Dredging is known by all to be totally Illegal and many have been successfully prosecuted for their illegal actions. Are you referring to Mcphersons Swamp Creek between Wee jasper and Tumut ,adjoining the state forest, which is also under a local grazing lease,??? Many members of this forum, including myself, have prospected here, and still do occasionally.

If members of the forum who prospect here see any illegal dredgers in this area, could you please photograph their number plate and PM me with the details. I have access to strong legal connections that can immediately stamp out this kind of action before our hobby gets tainted with a bad reputation. As for any forum members ( if there is any) who engage in dredging, I for one will not show you any respect. :(

Cheers Wal,

I have not seen any signs of grazing at all in the State Forest at McPhersons Creek on the Wee Jasper-Tumut rd.

That is State Forest.

The guy with the grazing lease lives in the Tumut area and i have had several conversations with his sons who spend a lot of time trail bike riding around the creek. His main grazing area is on the southern side of the creek heading towards Jerremiah Creek. The private property begins at the second locked gate.

Cheers Wal.

Dredging is the use of a motorized suction pump for vacuuming the river bed through a sluice box. High pressure water flows via a venturi to cause suction through the hose. The mechanical movement of any gravel is Illegal in all states.

Cheers Wal.

no only the one creek wal and I have informed the appropriate allthority certainly not accusing any one just letting every one no that it will not b tolerated when I get hold of them ill let you know i will take photos of the damage tomorrow and post them cheers bushy

Bloody hell, I dont blame Bushy for being Peed off. It really annoys me that people would jepodise the majority of people that do the right thing. I agree with Wal, if you see this type of behavior it is our duty to inform the relevent people. They will only wreck it for the people doing the right thing. I was planning on heading up that way ( Presuming its the Wee Jasper Macpherson Creek we are talking about ) in the next few weeks so I will do the right thing like 100% of the members I am pretty sure. We are not here to stuff it up for the future. I would love to do something to confirm to Bushy that we will not promote this type of behavior. Anything you can suggest Bushy.
Mate I am peed off
Cheers
Rockerfella

rockerfella said:
I would love to do something to confirm to Bushy that we will not promote this type of behavior. Anything you can suggest Bushy.
Mate I am peed off
Cheers
Rockerfella

A quick read over the topics should be enough to confirm our intentions :). Bushy has our full support on the matter.

Nugget.

1958bushy said:
no only the one creek wal and I have informed the appropriate allthority certainly not accusing any one just letting every one no that it will not b tolerated when I get hold of them ill let you know i will take photos of the damage tomorrow and post them cheers bushy

G'day bushy,

Once you have reached 10 posts could you please send me a PM regarding Mcphersons. I will be leaving for WA on Monday morning for 8 weeks but will be logging onto the forum fortnightly.

Regards Wal.

WalnLiz said:
The guy with the grazing lease lives in the Tumut area and i have had several conversations with his sons who spend a lot of time trail bike riding around the creek. His main grazing area is on the southern side of the creek heading towards Jerremiah Creek. The private property begins at the second locked gate.

Cheers Wal.

Never seen anyone go past the gate. I uploaded a map in the forums here and it does say private property there and what the boundries are. There is a sign on the second locked gate that says private property in easy to read language.

We shouldn't have any problems with regular prospecting in the State Forest area. I have a prospecting license for that actual area and I talked to the Tumut Forests NSW office about normal prospecting in that forest.

Cannot say I have ever seen anyone dredge there.

I always work in the diggings above the creek when I go there anyway not actually near the creek. Diggings have more gold but you have to puddle it.

Sapphires are the game in the creek.

But going into Private Property. Well that isn't right at all.

There's never been a problem with fossicking there Redmanti. Fossicking is definitely permitted within that State Forest. It's just that someone has been using a dredge and making a mess there, and that's just not on.

Cheers Wal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts