Man-portable high banker advice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jed

Jed Bartlett
Reaction score
Hi All

Di won the "debate" about fossicking for sapphires! :lol:

Being a gadget guy with a dicky back I suggested a man-portable high banker since I will be carrying it!

Grateful for any advice about man-portable high banker - what to buy, what not to buy, where to buy, pros & cons, etc

Thx in advance.

Cheers
Jed

Gedday there Jed, .. As it appears that Mrs Clampet won't assist with carrying the gear, then I reckon a set of graded sieves and the gold pan you've already got will do the trick and get you going. By the way mate, have you sorted the NF coil question yet? .. The Digger.

Thanks Digger.
Di is going to try the sieves & gold pan approach but she had a knee replacement so kneeling/squatting down is painful for her.
She saw Wal's high banker & reckons that is the way to go - me shoveling dirt & Di spotting the sapphires/gold :lol:

On the NF coil issue - I am finding lead easily with the Minelab 11'' Mono so will wait until I am more experienced & am getting gold before forking out on a new coil. Wal's advice was good.
I also suspect the boss will not approve a new coil purchase until we have invested in a Jed-portable high banker :lol:
Any thoughts on the NF coils?

Send me a PM Jed and I'll give you my address and mobile no. If you like you can come over for a coffee and I can give you a run down on the many Hi-banking options available... ;) The 11" ML Mono is still one of the best coils out there and there's not many targets you'll miss if you sing it over them. Cheers Wal. :)

Latest posts