Magnetite

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good day all,
I was wanting some information about magnetite here in Australia, what would be my best resource guide,
Regards Darren.

Not sure mate , i get magnetite where i get saphires and if you google it you should find some nice stones cut from it , it doesnt seem to have any real value but it is a interesting stone anyway.

Thanks, lone wolf.

Goldierocks- I was wanting to chase up more information on it , so I can take a drive and have a scrounge, as I liked it as a kid and would like to add to my small collection.
Cheers
Daz

Switch-onn said:
Thanks, lone wolf.

Goldierocks- I was wanting to chase up more information on it , so I can take a drive and have a scrounge, as I liked it as a kid and would like to add to my small collection.
Cheers
Daz
Which State?

grubstake said:
goldierocks said:
Switch-onn said:
Thanks, lone wolf.

Cheers
Daz
Which State?

I believe Daz is in Bendigo.

The best place in Victoria is probably Nowa Nowa, where nice lumps can be found littering the ground. There are a number of deposits (the one at 5 Mile is possibly being worked by a company). Hematite is also important. If you actually decide to drive there, I have a map if you PM.

Savage River in western Tasmania would be the next nearest with good specimens, but South Australia has lots and NSW has some.

Awesome, thanks Goldierocks.
My wife has an uncle at Wairewa, it's been about 5 years since last visit (I wish I was into prospecting back then - life is funny). Must be time for a visit again.
(Will take you up on the offer of the map).
Cheers.
Daz.

Latest posts