lowmead

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
HI not sure if this thread is in the right place or not,asking if anyone know's if lowmead near bundaberg is still open to fossicking,heard a few comment's that it was to close due to some people doing wrong thing,if still open will take my mate's young fellow(the rockpup) up for a dig while he is on holidays, :pickshovel: :beer: thanks for any information

I didn't know there was a prospecting area near Bundy. Sand Surfer, ca you point me in the right direction for more info?

Muchly apprecate it :Y:

Feral said:
I didn't know there was a prospecting area near Bundy. Sand Surfer, ca you point me in the right direction for more info?

I think they're talking about fossicking for coloured rocks, mate - not prospecting for metal (ie. gemstones, not gold).

It's a difficult state to be in.... ask a lolac up there n they just shrug they're shoulders and look vague...... took me years and years and years of trippin up that way before I lucked on honest John (read nice local)who steered us straight n true.... so any shortcut one can get (if they can) should be truly treasured :eek:
more people that find that place the more its pristineness will be forfeit ;)

grubstake said:
Feral said:

I think they're talking about fossicking for coloured rocks, mate - not prospecting for metal (ie. gemstones, not gold).

Bugger. Had me hopes up there for a sec. Oh well 8.(

Thanks

same here silver,i got a lot of vague looks and shoulder shrugging,lucked onto some info,gave me the road name only.Went for a drive about 12 months ago see if i could find it,did not take any gear just a search and find mission,found it looked like a battle field bloody holes everywhere,have not been for a dig yet,that's why i asked if it was still open bumped into the bloke that gave me the hint he said that they have started to dig the road verge up, owner was worried about phone line and holes not filled :awful:

Hi rockhound, thank's for showing me and the rockpup around on sunday, good to meet a forum member and be shown what to look for when digging for chrystal's,and thank's for the other information and bit's and bob's,and thank's also for making the rockpups day,he was that excited about the day, i was going to throw him out the window at watalgan just to give my ear's a break but he made it home,then his parent,s ,older brother and i had to sit down as he told the story of his big day he had,he had us falling out of our chairs laughing when he was showing us how the stance and body rolls he had to employ to use your big sieve,thank's rockhound for the day and the goodies for the rockpup you made his day. sandsurfer :Y: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Hi, my Mum, nephew and I are looking at seeing what we can find some day this week. My nephew is crystal crazy so thought hunting for his own would be more rewarding than buying them. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Hi mick&me 83
It will be hot work having a dig this time of the year mate ,but what sort of help are you after ,ie what gear to use ,where to go ,some of the area there, you will have to dig fairly deep and other area's it is only a foot or 2 down
The good part about lowmead is that it is mainly sandy soil so you only kneed a shovel to dig there
I could meet up and show you around if you like, i don't think i will be too busy this week just relaxing with a few ales up to you mate

Latest posts